44 of 45 people found the following review helpful
Not quite as much fun as I was expecting...but still enjoyable!,
This review is from: Poptropica Adventures - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
I've been anticipating this game coming out for some time, and saving my money for it. It wasn't quite as much fun as I was expecting...but I still enjoy it!
In Poptropica, players explore islands and solve quests.
There are 6 basic games:
- Catch, where you catch things.
- A maze, where you guide helicopters, boats, and rockets through a maze.
- Jumping game, where you jump on crystals, window ledges, or wood.
- Racing game where you jump over things, or duck under things. (There's also a glitch with this game in Mythology when you're racing the messenger and the messenger gets ahead of you. This glitch doesn't happen in any other islands.)
- Another maze, where you connect pipes together to let water or electricity flow through.
- Dodge, where you just avoid things thrown at you.
Here's what I like most about it:
- It's perfect for on-the-go Poptropica. (I love playing the game online, but I also like the idea of playing the game outside, on trips, etc.,)
- It's got a great arcade at the end which is based on your games, but has an interesting twist.
- It has good graphics!
Here's what I don't like about it:
- The games are repetitious, and the tasks are a little boring.
- There are too few islands! I was expecting four islands, plus museum, but there are only 3, then a museum island.
Would I buy it again if I had a chance to try it out first? Yes, but I would love it if Poptropica released another DS game with more islands and more challenging quests.