Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Subscribe & Save Amazon Gift Card Offer blacklist blacklist blacklist  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now STEM Toys & Games

5.0 out of 5 stars Great point and shoot camera, March 22, 2014
This review is from: Fujifilm XP70 16 MP Digital Camera with 2.7-Inch LCD (Blue) (Electronics)
First of all I got this Camera before the official lunch date of March 22nd. So I had about a month to play with this. This is a point and shoot camera, not a really fancy camera. Here is a break down of my pros.

#1 The clarity of the pictures are very good. It captures more detail in each picture.

#2 The filter choices. My favorite by far is all of the advanced filter settings. There is fish eye which I find to be a funny feature. There is a feature where you can turn all your pictures into Black and white except one certain color. For example green. So it will take a picture black and white except for anything that has green in it. If anyone watched the movie Sin City you know what I am talking about. This feature is great so your pictures can really stand out. I took mine to the Rose garden and photographed the roses. The color filters are red, blue, green, purple, orange and yellow. So basically your rainbow colors. It also has a toy camera feature which is great for some of the silly pictures.

#3 It is waterproof. Although I have not tried this feature. I had a friend who did. According to him, it works great. It also has a filter that is waterproof up close filter for those underwater shots.

#4 Shockproof up to a certain point. I am an avid hiker and treat my camera and my phone very rough. I have dropped this camera several times. It still worked to perfection. I wouldn't recommend dropping it to much. But if your kid gets a hold of the camera drops it and throws it. It should still work. so no big deal there.

#5 Video quality- This is a awesome feature. I took this camera to a private Paula Cole concert and taped some of the songs. The quality of the video was sharp and very clear. It looked like I was right on stage with her. So you can take this to concerts, sport events, or just people watching.

#6 Great shutter speed- there was a time I needed to get several shots very quickly. The delay time was less than 1/2 second. I got off several shots very quickly. Wound up with some amazing once in a lifetime pictures.

#1 Lack of color choices for the camera- I would love to see more color choices for the camera. Right now all you get is yellow, orange and Blue. Since i am writing a review for the blue one, you know what color I got.

#2 If you don't take the time to go over the features it can be very confusing. I am still learning what some of the features and filters do. To me some filters don't really do anything.

#3 The charging station. In order for you to charge the battery, you have to charge the whole camera instead of taking the battery out of the camera. I am sure there is a separate accessory for this but for know you need to plug in the whole camera. So if you don't have an extra battery, you will have to wait 3 hours for your camera to be done.

Well there you have it. I will update this review when I explore the camera even more. I would recommend this camera to a friend and family. It may seem expensive at first with the $229 dollar price tag but its worth the price. For all the features and clarity you get its worth it,. Once you own this camera it will create great once in a lifetime memories. If you have any questions feel free to ask, I will answer questions the best and honest way I can. Thanks for reading.

[Add comment]
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 25, 2014 12:57:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 25, 2014 1:07:46 AM PDT
pixshooter says:
#4. "I have dropped this camera several times."
I do a lot of hiking and getting myself into precarious positions, but have never dropped my camera/s (sometimes carrying one on each arm) in 30 or so years. Knock on wood ;-) Have been waiting for this model to come out and hoping it is an improvement over the XP60. I need something for when it is raining or I am shooting in the water. Don't like to risk my two Nikon D300's in the weather unless it is a must.
Look forward to more reviews from others.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2014 6:44:53 AM PDT
I've had this camera on my dining room table for a week. Waiting for for a reviews before opening the package. Thank you!

Posted on Mar 7, 2015 1:34:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2015 1:36:02 PM PST
KY Dave says:
Does this camera have a lens that protrudes out when you zoom in on a subject? I've had several cameras and the zoom feature of the lens is what causes the camera to fail when the lens will no longer move in and out. How does the zoom work on this camera?

Posted on May 3, 2015 11:39:28 AM PDT
Charles says:
You remember a lunch date from March 22nd?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›