Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite a Fit, July 17, 2009
This review is from: Levi's Men's 511 Slim Fit Jean (Apparel)
Pros: Available in many sizes and washes, reasonable price, comfortable and contoured fit
Cons: Not true to size

Having unusual proportions has always been problematic for me, and as a result, I have tried many different brands and styles of jeans. At 6'4", finding jeans that have a sufficient length provides some difficulty, and with a very narrow waist for my height (30"), it can seem downright impossible. I have no alternative to online retail for finding jeans that fit, so finding them feels very much like a hunt than a casual dressing room routine.

I have tried 7 For All Mankind, Chip & Pepper, Earnest Sewn, American Eagle, and a whole slew of brands to get a feel for what's out there. I never really considered trying Levi's because they just never seemed to draw my attention. I had no interest in Levi's 501's, because I knew they fit too loose, and simply was unaware that Levi's made slim jeans in my size, particularly the 511's in 32x36. Recently, I discovered this, and decided to give the Levi's 511's a try.

In my limited experience in the past, I knew typically Levi's run slightly long. Although a disadvantage to some, for a person of my height who never runs into a pair of jeans that's actually "too long" (I actually fit a 37" inseam), having that extra inch or so is a blessing. Furthermore, as slim jeans, I presumed that they would fit slimmer in the waist than the size indicated. This may also serve as an issue for some, but considering they will stretch with use to your body, is worth accepting (not to mention it works to my favor with a smaller waist than the indicated size).

I ordered a couple pairs of Levi's 511 as a trial run and found my presumptions of running long and slim to hold true, which certainly brought me relief. While even a bit slim for me for the first day, they quickly contoured to my body and became quite comfortable. They fit well and have no extra baggage, as a slim pair of jeans should. While definitely slim, they are only bordering skinny jeans. I find this advantageous, as truly skinny jeans tend to offer very little breathing room and limit heat dissipation. Furthermore, the tighter the fit, the more frequently you are inclined to wash, as the jeans become stretched out more quickly. I feel that the Levi's 511's fit comfortable and tight in the right places, and offer a perfect intermediate between straight/slim straight and the tighter skinny fits.

Currently, Levi's offers a host of different washes and in many sizes to find a friend in just about anyone who has the hankering to try some slim, but not quite skinny jeans. So far, I am enjoying my experience with the Levi's 511's, and I am sure I will enjoy them for many days coming. I really think you will too.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 6, 2011 2:02:14 PM PST
anon84 says:
Thank you so much, I am 6'4 and 32 waist. This is the first post of someone with a very similar build that is satisfied with jeans. I normally wear slightly baggy American Eagle which make 32 36's. Of course they are more like 34 waist and I hate holding them up. I will try these out due to your suggestions.

Posted on Mar 1, 2011 8:43:56 AM PST
Shiree says:
My son is 15 and 6'4" and a 32 inch waist. I could have written the same review. He loves these Levi's and usually these are the only affordable pair we can find. He orders the 34wX36 length and loves the fit.

Posted on May 19, 2011 8:54:44 AM PDT
K. SMITH says:
im a 32x36 6'4ft too and finding jeans sucks. I used to use slim straight 32x36 but moved to these they seem to fit better, although anytime I get a color other than sand dune, they seem to be extra tight and made with different kinds of material.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 6:17:40 PM PDT
Can't count how many stores I went to with my 6'4" bf looking for slim jeans (he's 34" x 36"). While searching in vain at Kohl's (seems there are only short, fat people here) I got the idea to look on Amazon and ordered three pair of these for less than Kohl's sale price, with free 2 day shipping. He loves them, and me for being a smart shopper.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 6:01:13 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2013 2:52:23 PM PDT
Todd O says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2013 1:10:32 PM PDT
Gomez Adams says:
Short,Fat people?
How else would you describe someone with a 30" inseam and 42" waist? Don't know why it's easier to find measurements like that in stores but I can never find anything longer than a 34" length.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2015 6:54:47 AM PST
jen cho says:
Thanks for sharing this post, my son is 6'5" wears 30 waist, will look into length 36".

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 6:56:45 AM PST
jen cho says:
J. Melvin, Thanks for posting that you could find length of 32 waist, 36 length in Levis. I have tried other stores and they were too big around the waist.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2015 4:32:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 13, 2015 4:34:27 PM PDT
Mark says:
Have you tried Buckle or Cinch jeans? They sell really tall and skinny sizes. These
are the only pants I'll buy now, as I sort of have the same problem (27 x 32-34).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›