4.0 out of 5 stars Typing is easy ..., June 30, 2012
This review is from: Acer Aspire One AO725-0899 11.6" Netbook (AMD Dual Core Processor, 2GB RAM, 320GB Hard Drive, Windows 7 HP 64 bits) Volcano Black (Personal Computers)
... and I have large fingers. I was surprised at the size of the keyboard. Positives about the Aspire One 725-0899, which I got a few days ago at Target for $299: Very lightweight; Windows 7 makes navigating between apps a breeze because it puts everything into little work groups, so you can have a ton of windows open a flit between them all in seconds. The screen is crystal clear, though you will want to change your settings to increase text size while browsing the Web and using programs like Microsoft Word. I also use full-screen mode online to maximize every inch of the 11-inch screen.

Negatives: The mouse is way too sensitive. I'll be typing and the bottom of my hand will touch the mouse and my text will delete or I'll end up writing in another paragraph somehow. So if you have a habit of resting your wrist on the mousepad, this will mean trouble for you. Also, the speakers/volume could be more powerful. I wish it were twice as loud.

Overall, though, this is a well-made, solid little machine. I may be getting rid of my tablet now that I have another ultra-portable option, this one with a very functional keyboard.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 13, 2012 11:50:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 13, 2012 11:52:02 AM PDT
Serge Shoiry says:
Very satisfied with this little notbook. If the mouse seams to sensitive just turn it off when you are typing. (FN & F7 to turn off temporarily and FN & F7 to turn on again.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 3:06:03 PM PDT
DeeIngram says:
Serge, thanks so much for the keyboard tip!

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 9:18:17 PM PDT
How long does the battery last on word processing only and browsing internet only and watching a movie only?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 10:17:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 15, 2012 10:23:22 PM PDT
DeeIngram says:
I get about 5-6 hours (4-cell battery) if I keep the screen brightness as low as possible for a combination of all the activities you mention, tutorchicago. the models with the 6-cell battery apparently get up to 8 hours.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 4:21:49 PM PDT
Rbnlyn says:
Where can I find a users guide for this??? Thanks! Love the F7 tip

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 5:37:02 PM PDT
MWebb says:
Would you have time to check on, and report back with, the WEI (Windows Experience Index) performance numbers for this setup? If you haven't looked at this before, go to the Control Panel and enter WEI as a search term. The factory numbers will be there, but you can also confirm them by making sure your netbook is plugged in, then running the assessment again. I have an ao756 and am very curious about the performance numbers on the ao725. Thanks in advance, if you have the time!

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 9:05:42 PM PDT
Jim says:
"D"-

The trackpad and the speakers are adjustable. It took me a few weeks to figure out how. I won't spoil your fun - just look.

Jim

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2012 1:24:47 PM PDT
Jim is being mean. After a few hours I found I could click on the up arrow at the far right of the taskbar (next to the power symbol). If you click on the smart pad icon and then select the Additions tab you will see a sensitivity adjustment.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2012 4:59:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 29, 2012 5:15:56 PM PDT
Jim says:
curious fl-

Not mean - instructive. There are a lot of adjustments that can be made, not just one; I now have my trackpad and mouse responding very close to the way the ones do on my notebook.

Keep looking - you'll find more adjustments. I am proud of you for finding one!

Jim