5.0 out of 5 stars Drop Dead Chocolate, May 6, 2012
This review is from: Drop Dead Chocolate: A Donut Shop Mystery (Donut Shop Mysteries) (Mass Market Paperback)
When reading the newspaper one day, Dorothy Heart sees red. when she learns about the mayor's latest scheme. She marches down to his office to get some answers. Suzanne follows her mother, wanting to see this argument.

Dorothy's unsatisfied with the conversation and threatens to run for against him for mayor. The mayor doesn't believe her, but by the end of the day, Dorothy has enough signatures to allow her name to be on the ballot.

When the mayor's body is found in a building that Dorothy owns, Suzanne knows she must investigate the murder. She doesn't want her mother's name dragged through the mud. She and her usual investigating team have a hard time narrowing down the suspect list. It seems everyone they talk to reveals someone else with a grudge against the mayor.

My Thoughts: I adore this series for the small charming town, the unique cast of characters, and the donuts.

I really liked Suzanne's mother and I'm happy her character had a bigger role in this book. Previously we didn't know much about her except that she enjoyed cooking, read mystery novels, and dated the sheriff. After reading this book, I feel we came to know her a little better.

There were so many big changes for several of the characters in this addition to the series. They make me curious as to where the next book will lead. I want to learn more about Emma's future and what it will mean for Suzanne's shop. While I saw George's twist coming, I'm intrigued to see how it will change the books.

I'm interested to undercover more about Grace and Peter's relationship. I hope the next book shares more details. I have a feeling Suzanne's right about Peter.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 15, 2012 3:06:29 PM PDT
I love Amazon, however, if there is one area they do very poorly, or not at all, is tell us the number of books in a series and which one is #1, #2 etc. It is extremely difficult to start a new series and not know which books to read first. Issue date does not work because the date changes with each printing or change of media such as paperback or Kindle. Thank you to the reviewers that tell me "this is the second in a series" etc. You are helpful, Amazon is not.
P.S. I also appreciate reviewers that give me a "heads-up" regarding violence, sex and language.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (52 customer reviews)

$7.99 $7.98