5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT Book! A Compelling and Fantastic Memoir about Mothers and Daughters., December 24, 2013
This review is from: Glitter and Glue: A Memoir (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Sometimes a book comes along and you find yourself wanting the author to be your “New Best Friend!” That is what happened to me with this wonderful new book called, “Glitter and Glue.” From the very first paragraph, I was hooked.

Kelly writes with a very honest and playful tone. But there is also a deeply emotional and vulnerable voice that helped me to contemplate the invariable conflict we all have as women within our relationship with our Mothers. As daughters we have expectations, desires, hopes and dreams. And oftentimes we don’t really see our Mothers. This book helped me to stand back and contemplate more deeply that very profound relationship I have with my own mother.

This is also a book about growing up and asking the hard questions of what life is really about. It is also about looking for the real wisdom and meaning that can be found in some of life’s more seemingly “superficial adventures.”

Kelly writes beautifully. I found that I had dog eared many pages of this sweet book. And many times after reading a passage I had to put the book down and really think and reflect about what she had just written.

Great writers like Kelly know they must deliver something honest and palatable. I found myself thinking about this book for days, and will refer this book to many of my friends and family.

Great job, Kelly. I am now a big fan and will go and buy the other books you have written. Great authors are hard to find …… I feel blessed to have a new author to read who finds love, joy, depth and meaning in some of the most simple, yet profound places.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]