5.0 out of 5 stars Can't get enough of those wonderful Scrubs, September 21, 2005
This review is from: Scrubs - The Complete Second Season (DVD)
If, like me, you've bought the 1st season of this already legendary show, you're biting your nails wondering is there any way to make November 15th come any faster!

In our pretty jaded age of reality TV and cheap shock-value entertainment, Scrubs is one of the few lights in the darkness in terms of razor-sharp script, character develpoment, laugh out loud moments, superb acting and solid, consistent development of characters from season to season.

This is basically a really long winded way of saying that Scrubs is, quite simply, brilliant. This is one of the few shows in TV history, quite like the Simpsons I suppose, that is so funny you keep expecting to wake up in your bed laughing, realise that a show this good does NOT, in fact exist, and that your world is all the poorer for it! Thankfully that's not the case tho...

Season 2 continues to develop the characters of JD, Turk, Elliot, Carla and the inimatble Dr Cox in a similarly hilarious (and sometimes poignant) fashion as season 1. All the other supporting characters we know and love are back too, and with lots of celebs jumping on board for an episode or two (Scrubs has fast become as fashionable a cameo vehicle as The Simpsons or the late great Friends)

Our heroes are now a lot more experienced and versed in the ways of hospital life, but year 2 brings new challenges. And of course Dr. Cox cares not how experienced they have become, he needs no encouragment whatsoever to dress them down as often as possible!

Season 2 picks up after the bombshell that Dr Cox's ex-wife, Jordan, laid on them all at the end of Season one - Cox's love for Carla (and Turk knowingly witholding that information from Carla!), Elliot's love for JD, JD's brief fling with Jordan herself and other revelations are all waiting in the wings to be continued as Season 2 commences...

The Season 2 episodes list is as follows:

43: My Kingdom

44: My Interpretation

45: My Drama Queen

46: My Dream Job

So there you have it. Bets taken now as to how long this show will run for, but barring any of the actors pulling out, this one is already a monster and will run until the wheels fall off; a prediction that I, for one, am thrilled about! Season 2 is still a couple months off but I think I'll pre-order mine now in case they are all sold out!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]