Just FYI. Beware of fake imitation Sony batteries. There are a lot out there and their cheap price will really draw you into buying it. I recently got a fake one. Although it's in a Retail Package like how they advertised it (but they don't say OEM or original or genuine), you will notice some difference from the original battery. The battery lasted long time for each charge though, so it still works, but I think once in a while, somebody will get a bad defective one.
Here are the differences I noticed:
- There are slight imperfections on how the plastic was molded into shape especially at the bottom area like the corners where you connect the battery to the camcorder.
- My original battery has an imprint of some numbers at the bottom. The fake battery does not have it.
- The cut of the infolithium sticker on top is not as exact as in the original battery.
- Some of the retail package is not the sealed type. You can slide the back paper in and out.
- The print or the graphics on the retail package is not as clear as the original or is blurry.
- And of course, no warranty from Sony.
This is just for information purposes. The battery that I got that I am assuming fake or imitation still worked.