4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product with some flaws, July 16, 2012
This review is from: Sony Cyber-Shot DSCH90/BBDL 16.1MP Camera with 16x Optical Zoom (Black Bundle) (Electronics)
Feb-2012
I want to tell you somethings about this model:

What I like the most
- Resolution
- Smart Mode very simple and useful for no tech people
- Great movie resolution
- Did I mention the amazing Zoom resolution?
- All the characteristics are according to they said!

What I dislike
- Flash position, usually I put my left finger where the flash come out. It's a little bit annoying taking pictures using the flash. The publicity didn't mention where the flash is located, neither the specs. :S

- Battery: I cannot take more than 15 flash photos. The flash run out the power very fast. (Nov. 2012: it seems that it only happens during the first discharge, after that you can take more photos using the flash, I would say 50 or 60).

- Storage: Its SD Card cannot be read on a PC (Windows 7) It gives a message error, something like Couldn't read file format, and if I would like to format the SD Card. I have to use the camara to read the photos, and I need to use battery power, If the battery is discharged I cannot see the pictures.

Nov-2012
So far I had no problems with the camera! it has been a great investment!!!!

Dic-2012
No more SD Card problems. I can read it using PC. Thanks to Kenneth. He explain why windows couldn't read it at first time... check his reply below...

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 3, 2012 7:50:20 AM PST
A. Gnodle says:
Why can't you remove the SD card to view the photographs on a PC?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:54:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 8:00:36 AM PST
HMelara says:
I can remove it, but if I try to read it using a PC with Windows 7, it gives me an error message, something like "Format cannot be read and if I would like to format the card". It seems that the camera has its own file format.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 9:17:48 PM PST
Kenneth Chan says:
I owned several Sony's and I like Sony Cameras. Treat the SD card as a portable external drive. Exit the "Format cannot be read.." and go to my computer to bring up the SD card, then right click to view as an external portable drive.

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 10:15:48 PM PST
kiemkiem says:
Does the camera take awhile to process pictures or does it process fairly quickly? Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2013 6:29:25 AM PST
HMelara says:
If you set it up to without preview after a picture is taken, then it wait around 1.5~2 sec to be ready for another shot. But you can use multiple pictures and it take a shot every 1 sec as many as you want.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2013 9:36:02 AM PST
alene says:
Do you have to do this every time or just the first time?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2013 10:30:57 AM PST
do what?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2013 12:11:42 PM PST
alene says:
Oh. Sorry.

I was responding to Kenneth C. Chan's comments about needing to treat the SD card as a portable external drive rather than having the computer's card reader just accept it (and download it) as it does for memory cards I'm currently using with my other cameras.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2013 9:03:05 PM PST
HMelara says:
As a matter of fact, I don't do that... I just insert it and the it recognize it, sometimes it doesn't but I just have to pull it out, and then insert it again... then I can browse the SD Card.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 6:25:39 PM PST
Ronald Zhu says:
Have you tried this with another SD Card or another SD Card reader? Sometimes, components don't match (it's rare, but happens), so it's less annoying once you've figured it out at least once.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›