5.0 out of 5 stars Huggies vs Pampers, September 9, 2005
This review is from: Huggies Snug & Dry Diapers, Size 3 , 144-Count (Health and Beauty)
Ahh, the ultimate controversy. I feel like I've graduated from college to adult when the hot topic with my friends has changed from 'boxers vs briefs' to 'huggies vs pampers'.

We did stage our own version of the Pepsi Challenge, and purchased Huggies, Papers, Luvs and even some other random brand I found in our local grocery store. Huggies wins hands down. Luvs leaked all the time, and was even kind of scratchy. Pampers was nice and soft, but also leaked. For us, Huggies has never leaked. The elastic bands around the legs fit well, the diapers are soft enough to not bother my son. We've used Huggies from size NB up to 3 so far and have still preferred Huggies in each size range.

Within the Huggies line, I prefer the Ultra-trim (which I guess is being called something else now?) over the Huggies Supreme. The Supreme were extra padded and tended to bunch up. They didn't leak, but they just weren't as comfortable for my son's frenzied activity level.

As for fit, my son has always been small for his age (10th percentile in weight, 60th percentile in height), so I'm not sure if that makes any difference... maybe pampers works better for chunky kids? Which opens up another age old controversy "does size really matter"? But that's a conversation for another day.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 6, 2009 11:06:01 AM PST
MomofOne says:
Great review, but I have to say...I think it does depend on the baby. We've also done the "Pepsi Challenge" in our household. Pampers won the challenge between Pampers vs. Huggies. I just recently switched to Luvs which appear to work just as well. My son is in the 110% percentile for height and weight, so maybe that does make a difference. Who knows...I think it's great to try them all and choose what holds for your little one.

Posted on Jan 7, 2011 7:58:27 AM PST
K. Driver says:
My son is "chunkier" and huggies won hadns down. I think bottom size and shape also contribute to what works for each baby. :)

Posted on Feb 19, 2011 8:08:10 PM PST
Ryan Stoker says:
I have 2 boys, my oldest wore pampers, he was sooooo chunky that huggies just didn't fit! now with my baby he has thinner legs and huggies are so much better for him than pampers! also he is allergic to the dry max in the pampers!

Posted on May 1, 2011 8:21:28 AM PDT
Yep size and shape matter for sure. I have three kids and with my first 2 I used pampers all the way through and Luvs now and then, they were on the chunky side. As for my youngest she was chunky at first 9lb 2oz at birth and we used Pampers then. Now she is 2 years old and 25 lbs. (Which is on the petite side) Now we use Huggies.

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 4:39:53 AM PDT
A. Fink says:
Definitely depends on the baby! Baby number one wore pampers because his breastfed poops would shoot out of anything else, then as he got older the pampers baby dry were cheaper so I switched, well baby number 2 does great on pampers so now I'm kind of a convert!

Posted on Nov 25, 2013 2:32:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 25, 2013 2:33:38 PM PST
MichaelP says:
Thanks for the review. We used Luvs on our children at first, then switched to Huggies for my oldest. It works awesome. The Luvs still work great for my youngest and we have small children. No 9 or 10lbs at birth....not even close. Ours were ~ 5lbs. So according to what I've read in some of the comments, these huggies work for small and big babies. Cheers!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (1,504 customer reviews)

Out of stock