5.0 out of 5 stars Easily One of the Best Shirts on the Market!, June 24, 2011
This review is from: ExOfficio Men's Exo Dri Tee Shirt (Sports Apparel)
If there is one area of clothing that has exploded in recent years its the "Wicking" T-shirt. Practically every single company that produces clothing makes their own versions. Since there are so many shirts out there to choose from it can get a bit overwhelming trying to decide which shirt to buy. What makes it worse is that it seems like each company has their own proprietary combination of fabrics so no 2 shirts are exactly the same in regards to fabrics and technical features. I have actually tried a substantial number of these shirts from such companies as Mountain Hardware, Marmot, Patagonia, New Balance, Prada, Nike, etc. I personally found Mountain Hardware to have the best selection but then I came across Ex Officio last year and I really liked the design of the Exo-Dri Tee so I figured I would give it a try. I am glad I did as it has easily become my favorite wicking t-shirt on the market.

First and foremost I love the fabric. I am not a big fan of the wicking shirts that are 100% polyester and unfortunately the vast majority of these kinds of shirts are 100% polyester. This is obviously a personal preference but I find that a combination of cotton and polyester, in a ratio close to 1:4 or 1:5, is the most comfortable and the Exo-Dri T-shirt by Ex Officio is 85% Polyester and 15% cotton. Its by far my favorite shirt yet in this regard. Its super super soft and the 15% cotton doesn't noticeably hinder the shirts wicking properties. Again this is a personal preference and some people do in fact prefer the 100% polyester. I am just not one of them.

As for the rest of this shirts technical details, it has a UPF 20+ sun protection rating, it has a FreshGuard® finish which actively fights against odors, and it has a tagless label at the neck to prevent itching. It also has Ex Offcio's dri-release® system which means it dries extremely fast. Overall it has all of the important characteristics that one looks for in this type of shirt.

Last but not least these shirts look fantastic and they fit really well thanks to a really nice athletic cut. Its not to loose and its not to tight and that is exactly how I prefer my athletic t-Shirts. I have never been one for the skin tight fit that a lot of athletic shirts have these days yet at the same time I dont want something really baggy that is going to get in the way. The combination of the 15%/85% fabric and the quality of the fit easily make this one of the best athletic shirts on the market. Contrast stitching tops off the overall look and they are available in both long sleeve and short sleeve versions. I also have to mention how great the color selection is for this line of shirts. The Dark Charcoal, Deep Lapis, Khaki, Deep Tumeric, and deep jade are all fantastic colors.

The bottom line - Ex Officio's Exo-Dri T-shirts are hands down some of the best "wicking" shirts on the market. Add to that a super clean design and great colors and it quickly becomes about how many to buy, not whether or not you will buy.

Highly recommended!

5 Stars!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 12, 2012 5:24:54 PM PDT
Sami says:
Hi,

Thanks a lot for the great review. I just want to know please if these shirts runs big so that I order a size down or not. I normally wear medium. Hope I have a quick reply:) Thanks again.
Sami

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 3:53:40 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 20, 2012 2:22:02 AM PDT
OrangeCrush says:
In all honesty, sizing is the only issue I have with Ex Officio. Most companies use the pretty much standard 38-40 chest measurement for size medium. Unfortunately Ex Officio's sizing chart is completely different. Their small is 37-39 and their medium is 40-42. So really their medium is more like a large. Unfortunately for me, 40" is my preferred measurement for chest size and that makes Ex Officio's small a bit small and it makes their medium a bit large.

Basically if your on the smaller medium side (38-39) then I would recommend going with the small. If your a 40 like me then I would stick with a medium. I just shrink them a little bit by throwing them in the dryer on super hot for 5 minutes.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 4:02:52 AM PDT
Sami says:
Thank you very much for the very helpful reply. I have just ordered two of them in small.
Thanks again and have a great day.

Best Regards,
Sami

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 5:42:31 PM PDT
HC says:
Thanks for the excellent review. One last issue I can't seem to find being addressed for new shoppers to this brand is the length of the shirts! For example, my husband usually buys the tall sizes in a men's store. Are these long enough for someone with a long torso in your opinion? For example, does the length of the shirt cover most of the fly on pants/shorts or does the length go just below the belt line? Thanks!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›