5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, September 30, 2012
This review is from: Rikomagic MK802 II New Generation Mini Android 4.0 PC Google TV Box HD IPTV Player (Electronics)
This thing is awesome. Worked out of the box perfectly. Every app I downloaded worked perfect. Had it running in like 1 minute with no fails. Just plugged in a wireless keyboard and mouse and I was watching movies. Plays Xfinity without a problem (comments on this are probably about the persons' network rather than the ability to play them). Does not overheat. I watched videos all night and it was just warm. I did not experience any of the problems that I saw in the comments so that leads me to believe that there were other problems not related to the item. I am buying a couple of more of them. I am not paid by these guys by the way. I am a software engineer but my wife is using this gadget and I am buying one for my 70 year old mom LOL.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 7 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 25, 2012 10:03:47 AM PDT
dlx509 says:
Does it come with a controller? If no does it work with 3rd party mice?

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 5:44:50 AM PST
Can you tell me if you can go to a TV network website and watch the video they post there? For example, if you go the the TLC, A&E, or USA network websites can you watch the full episode videos they post there? I'm looking for an inexpensive way to do this with out having to buy a full blown computer. It doesn't work with the browser in the Xbox or Wii. Please let me know.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 3:15:34 PM PST
B. Lang says:
You could get a microSD card and boot ubuntu linux off of the Rikomagic to use as full blown media center PC with a real web browser. That's why I'm getting one, plus to use as a low power server for security cameras, etc.

AmazonBasics 16 GB microSDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card with SD Adapter

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 10:41:19 AM PST
A. Ebel says:
Good For You! Tell me the reason why yours works and mine does not?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 9:27:05 PM PST
stderr says:
> Good For You! Tell me the reason why yours works
> and mine does not?
I have one and when I boot into Android, it boots into a desktop but then reboots when I click on anything but the choice to shutdown. I've been wondering if it isn't some sort of bad version of Android flashed to the internal drive. How does your fail?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 12:39:52 PM PST
Ira P. Weiss says:
Maybe you could help. My Rikomagic802 boots up fine, connected to my wifi fine, shows the signal strength to be good, but browser will not hook up to anything on the web. It always gives error message that it could not connect to that web page. My Android tablet connects to those same web pages with no problem. The browser does not seem to work. But without a browser I don't know how to get to the APP store to download one that works. Is there a way to do this?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 12:41:28 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 23, 2012 12:42:24 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 7:26:43 AM PST
I like how you 'plugged in' a wireless keyboard. :-)

Does this thing come with bluetooth?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 1:29:09 PM PST
Thomas Huber says:
Non-BT wireless keyboards come with a USB dongle that must be 'plugged in'. There is no Bluetooth on the MK802 I or II, only on the more recent and more expensive IIIS model.
Rikomagic MK802 IIIS Dual Core Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Mini PC RK3066 1.6Ghz Cortex A9 1G RAM 8G ROM HDMI Wifi with 2GB micro SD Card and Power Adapter.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 9:50:05 AM PST
Mark Colan says:
Ira, if you have connectivity but browser will not show pages, it sounds like the problem is further down the line on your Internet - the ISP, or somewhere between the ISP and your device. For example, if you plugged into a router that had no connection to ISP, it would appear to be connected, yet fail to give any Internet content.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›