5.0 out of 5 stars Great combination of style and function, May 3, 2012
This review is from: Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover Black for iPad 2 and iPad (3rd/4th generation) (Personal Computers)
I just picked one of these up and wanted to throw in a few comments that I haven't seen on other reviews. I've had this keyboard for about a day now and overall I'm quite please with it. It doesn't fully cover and protect the iPad, but it's great if you care about matching the sleek style of the iPad. When closed it feels like a MacBook Air. Cnet and Zdnet have some useful video reviews that I suggest taking a look at if you want to see it in action.

I've seen people use similar keyboard docks at cafes and often the iPad gets bumped and falls out of the docking groove. Since there are magnets in this keyboard's groove, the iPad sticks firmly in place. Also, the iPad screen doesn't bounce around when you tap and swipe. I would even feel comfortable using it on my lap.

From some of the video reviews that I saw, I was concerned that attaching/detaching the cover would be akward. It takes a second to figure out how the magnets behave but I find it really easy to open the case, detatch, and slide into the magnetic groove in a single motion.

Thus far my only gripe is that when you close the keyboard over the iPad there is nothing that keeps it closed tight. The front facing magnets automatically lock the screen however they aren't strong enough to hold the iPad and keyboard cover together. So, unless you put it in a sleeve or wrap a rubber band around it, it could accidentally open up inside your bag or backpack and wake up the iPad.

That might be a dealbreaker for some but I think I'll just buy a sleeve. Overall, I recommend the product. If my opinion changes over the course of the coming weeks/months, I'll update this review and let you know how the keyboard is holding up.

UPDATE: I've been using the keyboard for several weeks now and it's still working great. Battery life is excellent. Bluetooth pairs really fast. Highly recommend.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 4, 2012 12:59:51 AM PDT
KB says:
This is exactly what I felt! The magnet not holding them tight :(!

But after being able to easily fit my ipad+keyboard in my old sleeve, I felt satisfied that it won't be an issue as I won't be transporting my ipad without a pouch anyway!

Posted on May 6, 2012 7:58:26 AM PDT
Where did you pick one up? Did you order from Amazon? I'm concerned about the 1 to 3 month shipping time

Posted on May 6, 2012 7:58:35 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 11:17:43 AM PDT
It's available on the Logitech website.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2012 12:05:50 PM PDT
bluejen says:
I got mine at Costco for a really good price. As Costco's inventory changes frequently it may not be in stock however I've seen it there for the past 2-3 months.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2012 2:46:24 PM PDT
AtlantaJJ says:
Thank you for the tip, I picked one up a Costco today!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›