5.0 out of 5 stars Rhonda Byrne's best book so far, March 15, 2012
This review is from: The Magic (The Secret) (Paperback)
I have to say from the outset that I am a big fan of Rhonda Byrne's work; but I'm a fan of it because her books and film have literally transformed my life. Although I was always a naturally happy and optimistic person, now I would describe myself as a joyful person (most of the time! We can't and are not meant to always be joyful). The joy comes from knowing that absolutely nothing is impossible for me and my life, from knowing the power of goodness and love, from knowing that nothing just 'happens' to me, and from knowing that I can affect any change of circumstance that I wish for my own life. Also, The Secret led to my now strong spiritual faith - a knowing that this physical world with its miraculously precise laws is not an accident of evolution, and that there is much more to life, the world, and our place in it than our senses would have us believe.

So, it was no surprise to me that I loved The Magic. It was, though, a surprise to me that I loved it as MUCH as I did and do. In fact, I can confidently say that The Magic is my favorite of Rhonda Byrne's books so far, and, I truly do think, her best book. I also felt that The Power, her most recent book before The Magic, was better than The Secret, so in a way I feel that Rhonda's books are getting better and better.

If you haven't read any of Rhonda Byrne's books, and are wondering whether you should just read The Magic, or all three of her books, I would describe them this way: The Secret is the basic and fundamental work that explains the theory and philosophy of law of attraction, and how to apply it to each area of your life (relationships, health, money, work, etc). If you don't know a lot or anything about law of attraction, I would read The Secret first. If you are already familiar with the concept and application of law of attraction, you could easily jump to The Magic, or read both The Power and The Magic. That said, it is obvious The Magic is written for all people, whether they have ever heard of the law of attraction or not.

The Power takes the law of attraction to a much, much deeper level, and is a more 'spiritual' book than The Secret; it has less of a material world focus than The Secret (less about getting the house, car, job, etc. that you want, and more about love, happiness, and realizing the beauty and meaning of life), and encourages the reader to think beyond the physical world.

The Magic is like the best of The Secret and The Power combined, AND it has something that neither of the other two books have - a day-by-day practical application of the knowledge. There are 28 days of gratitude practices, and collectively they cover every area of your life, targeting the power of law of attraction through gratitude at your health and body (and your feelings about your body), your relationships, your job, your money, your daily life, and any problems or negative situations you might be facing. With every passing day you will feel an ENORMOUS difference in your mood and emotions, you will see a big difference in how your days unfold (they seem so much easier, smoother, and more fun and joyful), and with your changing feelings and attitude you will see each of those areas of your life improving, flourishing, blossoming.

There is no doubt that the practice of gratitude (what The Magic is all about) is the absolute fastest way to a magical, joyful life. It's also, for me, the most natural and enjoyable way of making my life better! I would much prefer to write a gratitude list than visualize something I want to happen. Practicing gratitude just FEELS so good - and the more you do it, the more you want to do it!

I definitely recommend this book. It's another life-changer from Rhonda Byrne.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 16, 2012 5:50:33 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2012 4:46:42 PM PDT
Cedarwood says:
Excuse the pun, but badboy, I feel so bad for you. I have seen soooo many of your negative comments all over reviews of Rhonda Byrne's books, and while you have EVERY right to express your opinion (and your opinion is equally as valuable as mine or anyone else's), I just don't understand why you would give so much time to something that obviously makes you angry and gets you worked up - and something that you know flat out you don't believe in.

I'm also not saying that critical reviews aren't helpful, because they are, and an honest forum like this one allows for both. But you've gone beyond offering a critical opinion and allowing others to decide for themselves - you're being outright negative about these books, and spending a lot of time trying to convince people they're "BS." And again, I just don't understand why you would do that. I know it can't make you feel very good to dedicate so much time and energy to something you don't even believe in or think worthwhile.

It really isn't your job or responsibility to convince people one way or the other, badboy. Your opinion is valuable, but I think we've all heard your opinion clearly now.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2012 7:51:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2012 8:06:30 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 8:55:33 AM PDT
Bianchi says:
Hi Cedarwood, thank you, thank you, thank you for your comments on Magic and on the other books by Rhonda Byrne. I enjoyed all the books and truly believe that they contribute to the progress in the world. Your review of the Magic book is very, very, very useful. Continue, continue, continue. Disregard the detractors!! They don't know better.
Cheers, Peter

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 10:42:40 AM PDT
Cedarwood says:
Thank you, P. Weiss, I appreciate that!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 3:44:30 PM PDT
badboy says:
Cedarwood, to give you some background: I used to believe in this stuff. I read The Secret, among other books on the subject. Turns out it didn't work. Was it me, or the whole philosophy?

So, you ask why I waste time and energy here. To me, it's not a waste of time or energy, because I actually enjoy discussing the topic, albeit from an unpopular point of view. The two conditions 1) I'm negative regarding the books, and 2) I enjoy talking about the subject can co-exist. They aren't mutually exclusive.

I think you are also assuming A) my negativity towards the book means B) I'm also negative as a person. But just because A) is true, doesn't mean B also is. If you don't agree, feel free to explain why.

I see so many logical flaws in this philosophy - and these aren't my opinions by the way, I'm just pointing out things that don't make logical sense - and it fascinates me as to why these books continue to sell given their grandiose statements (The Power was supposed to give you everything you wanted - how many have achieved that? The Secret came out 6 years ago - how many followers wanted financial independence and have yet to achieve it? If The Power gave everything one wanted, why do we need The Magic?). Yes, these are hard questions, and ones I don't think followers want to here, and seem very unwilling to discuss. Because, what if there really is no Secret, Power, or Magic?

As for it not being my job to convince others - well, do you really know that? Is it Rhonda Byrne's job to convince others that LOA works? If so, why?

Perhaps I'm going to write a book. Also, maybe you don't realize it, but if we're supposed to be beings with no limits - well, did you just define a limitation for me? Hmm...interesting.

And that seems to be the typical reply I get...focus on me, question why I'm here, while failing to address my points. If so many have heard my point of view, and if I'm so obviously wrong, then why doesn't someone just negate my points? In my opinion, that failure to do so speaks volumes. Please, by all means, point out where I'm wrong.

Anyway, enough about me. Back to the topic at hand.

LOA says you attract everything into your life through your thoughts. Is that true? If so, then have you and the others attracted me here? Please discuss. If I'm wrong about that, please by all means tell me why. Help me understand.

Why do we need so many books on the subject, when the market is saturated?

You stated in Kathryn's review of The Power that The Secret had helped millions. Magic reviewer Marcus Brody said that very, very few people he knew were able to manifest anything after reading The Secret. Why such a big discrepancy? Please discuss.

Rhonda states in The Power that you were not born to toil in your work 5 days a week. How can that statement be true?

Most work, most jobs, are pretty routine after a while. We can't all be CEOs or have high-flying careers. See, there's a limit! There can only be 1 CEO in a company!

Someone needs to mop the floors and change the garbage. So I don't understand what Rhonda saying here exactly. Yes, I know a lot of people won't follow their dreams, so there will still be people to fill those positions  - but that fact in no way validates Rhonda's point here. Please describe a scenario in which not one person of working age is toiling in their work. Is the statement true, or not? Please discuss.

Why do I have a good job and great relationship, if I don't believe in LOA.

Your turn :) Feel free to negate everything I've said. I sincerely hope you will. Thanks for reading.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 3:49:49 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 3:54:47 PM PDT
Cedarwood says:
Badboy, I admire your spirit! And your point of view. I could answer all of your questions, but honestly, I don't think there would be any point. They would just be my own constructions, after all. Even if I believe in them, it doesn't make them true, and we would have no way of proving whether my constructions were right or your constructions were right (as your statements are also your own constructions)! Also, it would take me so long to reply to your many very good questions, and I simply don't have the desire to spend that much time on this. But maybe others who come to this thread will. We'll see.

By the way, I don't think that just because you're being negative about these books that you're a negative person. I know I can be very negative about certain things or issues, and I would hope that people wouldn't judge me as wholly negative just because of that.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 4:51:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 20, 2012 4:57:10 PM PDT
The Magic (The Secret)

Dear "badboy":
Where to begin...? It seems to me that you are searching in earnest for the Truth.
I think that you are confused about these books and you have asked many questions, and I don't think that you really want to engage in disagreements over
Ms. Byrne's books because your questions cannot truly be answered unless you go
directly to the source, about why things did not work out for you that you wanted
or needed. If you are asking the Universe, or Divine Intelligence for help or perhaps
more abundance, better health...whatever it is you are lacking, you would need to
address your request to God, your Heavenly Father. He is Divine Intelligence and He
created the universe. He has provided answers to all of your questions and so much
more in His Book, The Holy Bible. You will find there how much He adores you and how much he wants to help you succeed in life and to be joyful. There really isn't a
secret about that. He has your name carved in the palm of His hand and knows the
exact number of hairs on your head. If you don't know Him, you might risk the consequences for some time. But we are talking about ETERNAL SALVATION...! It is not his wish that any of his children should perish due to lack of knowledge, or for any
other reason. If you really want to know why nothing worked for you, in regard to these books...the bottom line is that you must have FAITH IN GOD. and if you do not have that faith in Him, He can't really give you anything because of your lack of faith.
Believe me, he knows who his children are and understands everything about you and your life. Yes, maybe this "meeting" through this post is the answer for you that you need. Please know that I am in no way judging you. I have certainly had some hard times, BUT HE GAVE ME THE STRENGTH TO GO ON. I am disabled, have a wonderful husband that could only have been sent by God. He does just about everything for me. I still have my faith despite constant pain, day in and day out. I
have cried out to God so many times in the past, "Why me?" I was being a good girl so why was He punishing me. He wasn't. He gave me the words to tell one of my neighbor that she had a lot of my symptoms and I advised her to go immediately
to the doctor and that she would need to quit working and apply for Social Security.
She took my advice and sure enough she does have the same illness/diseases that
I have. I prayed with her many times that Social Security would come through, gave her my attorney's number...and it went through. Since then both she and I have become grandma's. There is so much about our life, all of us, that is very precious.
If you don't care for someone's writing, hey, that's okay. You don't have to defend your position. I just could read between the lines and could see your despair. God has
some great things coming for you, just around the corner. To prove to Him that you
have the FAITH to receive all He has in store for you, start thanking Him right now, and keep thanking Him. Talk to Him as if He has already answered all your prayer requests. He's not just the best friend you could ever have, He is YOUR FATHER.
I will pray for you, whatever your real name is...I have a feeling you're really not all that bad, just need to get pointed in the right direction and CONNECT with the right contact!
btw: You said that this genre of books was already saturating the market...Let me ask you a question: How saturated is the market with violent, vulgar and downright evil books and movies, thanks to the devil. Hey, we are in a war here. Who's side are you on? God bless you!
~Cindy

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 8:45:07 PM PST
PenNink says:
Hi there!
I would like to address one part... the part about, if The Secret was supposed to give us everything why was there a sequel? And if The Power was supposed to be dinifitive, why was there The Magic?

The answer: They're not sequels! Here's what they are.

The number one thing the "Law of Attraction" requires is emotion. In "The Secret" the Law of Attraction is explained intellectually. But just reading the book does not evoke any kind of emotion. And it leaves it up to you to create your own exercises to get into those emotional states.

When I read "The Power" I realized she had inserted a lot of the same emotional words throughout the book. If one reads large chunks of the book at one time, it's easy to start actually "feeling" positive emotions because you've read words like "love, peace and joy" many, many times while reading the book. The trouble is after you put it away, your good mood may go away as well.

This brings us to "The Magic." This is by far my favorite book. It has 28 days of exercises that get you actually "feeling" positive emotions and not just thinking positive thoughts. Although the exercises are for 28 days, I began to feel great around day 8. And not just while reading..but throughout the entire day. Many of the exercises are done throughout the day. By far, it's the most useful book because it puts the positive side of law of attraction into action.

Where the other two books are more intellectual and/or fleeting in actually activiating it.

Hope this helps folks decide if this is for them. Even if BadBoy doesn't. LOL.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (1,044 customer reviews)

$13.99 $9.44