1,230 of 1,301 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Own a Wii? Are an adult? Don't have time but want to stay fit? Then BUY THIS!, May 5, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wii Fit Game with Balance Board (Video Game)
I own the Wii Fit since last week. I'm 32, 1.76m, ~82-84kg (fluctuates) and with my wedding coming up in a few months I wanted to lose some weight. I work all day and have little time in the evenings so the preparation and driving to and from the gym was too much. I wanted to use that 30-40 min to exercise, not prepare for exercise. I own a Wii since Xmas and decided to try this out after reading various reviews on the internet. Is this as good as going to the gym? No it does not replicate a gym. Will it get the job done? Will it keep you fit and help you lose weight? YES YES YES! I love it and highly recommend it. I get a great work out in 45 min. I feel great about myself, and have already lost a kilo. (note I have not changed my diet). Notice I get my work out in as much time as it takes to commute and prepare for gym. I also have more fun than going to the gym on my own. Perhaps going to a gym with a friend would be more fun. Depends. Anyway I love the Wii Fit! Note it takes a few times to get used to it and figure out how best to use it. Why? Well there is no prepared program for you. You have to decide on your own what you want to do and in what sequence. I start off by doing the aerobics (jogging, holla hoop) and then vary. Basically, the Wii Fit breaks its exercises into Muscle, Balance, Aerobics, and Yoga. I mainly doing the Aerobics and mix in some muscle and yoga. The muscle and yoga can be really tough. You wouldn't believe how much. You can really feel the muscles working. I do the balance exercises when I'm tired and want to relax a bit in between exercises. They may help with balance but are more of a game than anything else. The more you exercise, new exercises open up. In other words, you start of with a limited about of stuff to do and slowly you get more and more. Don't listen to the few negative reviews you may read on the internet. They were probably biased against the product before even trying it. This product costs a little more than going to the gym for a month (at least in my country). By the time I unlock all the exercises, I will have exercised more than a 1-month gym subscription, burnt more calories, and will have a fun game left too! Compared to nothing after a month at a gym. I highly recommend this. As I explained, you are getting more than your money's worth, having fun, and getting fit.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 20, 2008 3:28:52 AM PDT
L. Sp says:

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2008 7:00:41 AM PDT
L. Chui says:
It's been out in Japan and Europe.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2008 7:07:53 AM PDT
Please google "Wii Fit" reviews, L Tkach. Mommybloggers all over the net were given this for free to review. Don't be so grumpy!

Posted on May 20, 2008 9:49:00 AM PDT
D. Skaggs says:
I am so excited! I can't wait to get my Wii fit!! I pre-ordered it in April and they are already sold out everywhere (pre-orders)!!!!! I got mine becuase I do not live close to a gym, it takes a 45min. drive just to get to a gym. I have been in college and have used the gym where I go to college and was bumbed that I wouldn't have a place to exercise anymore, then I saw an ad for the Wii Fit and got excited!! I know that it will not be the same as a gym, but any exercise if better than none at all., plus I jog 2-4 miles a day, so this will help give me a little extra boost. I am 31 years old and have two kids, I just wanted something to help tone up my boday a little a lose a few lbs. (5-10) I will let you know how it goes.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2008 6:36:54 AM PDT
I wish mine would hurry up and GET HERE! I pre-ordered it in April, as well. You're smart to try to stay in shape now. I was just about your age when the first few extra pounds started creeping up on me... and now I'm hoping my Wii Fit will help me lose about 70 (yes, that's right, SEVENTY...*sigh*) pounds. I'll have somebody to compete with, though (youngest son) - and that's good motivation. Maybe you can get your kids to play, too, and avoid being in my shoes 20 years from now.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2008 1:49:59 AM PDT
S. Rhodes says:
The game was released in Japan in December of 2007 and released in Europe a week or two before it hit shelves in America. Judging by some of the language used in the review, it's quite clear that the reviewer got his or her hands on a version released outside of America (meaning before it was even released in America).

Posted on May 23, 2008 7:24:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 23, 2008 7:36:56 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2008 11:16:38 AM PDT
It's only about $89 pre shipping and it's a neat game. The $150 price is the marked up price by people who've bought it to sell it for more than it goes for. Gives some good motivation and stuff. Sure push ups and the like are free and can be done without the game, but sometimes pushing to beat that score you set last night is better motivation than just doing it to do it (or to lose weight or something). But overall it's a cool game that comes with an accessory that will likely be needed in the future for some games anyways (I hope, has lots of potential) and most of the cost is probably for the board.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2008 9:01:39 PM PDT
My friend lucked into one and I got to try it- its a lot of fun (even though I wasn't emotionally prepared for the weight I was given....).I'd love to get one for myself (to lose all that weight the Wii so eagerly informed me about), but like the system itself, they are nearly impossible to find, unless you are willing to camp out at Walmart (or any other electronics store) every night. I guess I'll just have to luck into one, like I did my Wii- but I refuse to pay the inflated prices through Amazon Marketplace. Patience in a virtue (and a money-saver). :)

Posted on Jun 1, 2008 1:46:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 1, 2008 1:49:48 PM PDT
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (1,758 customer reviews)
 (1,286)