4.0 out of 5 stars Feel Good Workout!, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Brooke Burke Body: 30 Day Slim Down (DVD)
This is a feel good workout for days you do not feel like exercising! It is fun and effective. The set is airy and appealing to the eyes. Brooke is very personable and encouraging. It is circuit style with various exercises. I would rate this as beginner/immediate. If you are advanced you can do this workout on a day where you want a good workout, but not a draining one. Brooke and her team are fun to work out with. It is relaxing to see workouts don't have to be stressful. You can do anything for 30 seconds even burpees. Brooke looks amazing so I trust her when she says she knows how to get make you look good! Please go into this workout with a fun attitude. If you are looking for something hard core then look else where.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 8, 2013 7:38:57 AM PST
M. Montalti says:
How would you describe the cardio? Is there a lot of jumping type moves? Does she offer modifications? I have her other 2 DVDs and I truly enjoy working out with them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 2:56:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 4:21:24 PM PST
J. Goode says:
Hi M, This is a video people with knee problems can do. The cardio is more fun than difficult. It is not hard to do. I am able to do this one with no problems and Brooke has modifications. It is one of those workouts where you feel like you worked out, but not one where you are tired afterwards. No there isn't a lot of jumping. She does do squats, but everything is only 30 seconds so that helps. You can go to sonypictures.com and view a clip of both of her new videos.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 3:04:41 PM PST
M. Montalti says:
Thank you. I used to be a big Denise Austen fan, buta lot of her stuff rehashes other videos. I have Brooke's other DVDs. I like her style, not nasty like Jillian Michaels.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 4:01:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 4:09:32 PM PST
J. Goode says:
Be sure to check out Brooke's sexy abs dvd. You will like that one to. I love Denise Austin. I agree Jillian's style is undesirable. Plus there are other great trainers out there who are nice. Cathe Friedrich has a new low impact series for people who cannot tolerate jumping. All of the DVDs are low impact. You can find them at cathe.com or collagevideo.com.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 5:30:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 5:31:22 PM PST
Rosie Cotton says:
Thanks for the nice review - this sounds right up my alley! I like that you get cardio and strength workouts on 1 DVD. I'm thinking this will be fun to alternate with Jessica Smith's "Look Better Naked", which has a similar layout but is probably more challenging. And both Brooke and Jessica are such pleasant instructors, which I find motivating for those days you don't feel like exercising. ;-)

Oh I watched the Sony clips and agree the abs workout looks terrific too!

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 2:55:50 PM PST
I was going to ask if you did it for 30 days but seeing it hasn't been that long yet you won't have an answer to if you noticed a difference. the other question I have is because I'm just starting to exercise so I'm still learning all the in's and out's.... but how do you decide which video to do? do you alternate every other day? I usually walk about a mile and half every night. But the extra cardio can't hurt, so what kind of schedule are you doing with the cardio and toning workouts? would both be too much in one day? Thank you ahead of time for answering this!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 3:17:45 PM PST
J. Goode says:
Hi Kelly, I started my first exercise experience with the firm dvds and I was hooked from there and have been collecting dvds ever since. If you are just starting I would recommend the firm (The FIRM CardioWeight System Workout DVD Set (2007)). You can buy the dvd set here on amazon for under $5. It is a great set and offers cardio and strength plus you can go on the thefirmdirect website and download a workout calendar that shows you which workouts to do when. If you want great calorie burn, a challenge and learn about perfect form I would recommend (Results Fitness: 10 Days to a Better Body (2008) by Cindy Whitmarsh and Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. These also can be found on amazon and Jillian at Walmart for under $10. The biggest loser with Bob Harper is a great inexpensive dvd also ( The Biggest Loser The Workout (2004)). Chris Freytag is another terrific instructor and any of her workouts are great for all levels. Youtube and collagevideo.com is a great place to look at these workouts and get an idea of what is involved. All of the dvds can be found on amazon for under $10 and require only dumbells to get started. I like to do a dvd at least 5 days a week so I do cardio 3 or 4 days and strength 1-2. I pick dvds that I will enjoy doing or else I will not do them. I love Denise Austin because she is fun and I feel good after doing her workouts so she is my go to if I do not feel like working out. I think you will like Brooke's new dvds also because they are different and fun. Right now I am doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. It is a 90-day system I really like! I hope I have answered your questions. Thanks for asking.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 3:23:19 PM PST
J. Goode says:
Hi Rosie, I have Jessica Smith's 10 pounds down and cardio abs. I haven't did these yet, but I am looking forward to them. You are right they both have very pleasant attitudes. Good luck to you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 3:35:27 PM PST
Rosie Cotton says:
Thanks, J. Goode, and to you too. :-)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (73 customer reviews)

$14.99 $8.97