8,919 of 9,177 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars One Friday, Without the Milk, October 30, 2006
This review is from: Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz (Grocery)
He always brought home milk on Friday.

After a long hard week full of days he would burst through the door, his fatigue hidden behind a smile. There was an icy jug of Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz in his right hand. With his left hand he would grip my waist - I was always cooking dinner - and press the cold frostiness of the jug against my arm as he kissed my cheek. I would jump, mostly to gratify him after a time, and smile lovingly at him. He was a good man, a wonderful husband who always brought the milk on Friday, Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz.

Then there was that Friday, the terrible Friday that would ruin every Friday for the rest of my life. The door opened, but there was no bouyant greeting - no cold jug against the back of my arm. There was no Tuscan Whole Milk in his right hand, nor his left. There came no kiss. I watched as he sat down in a kitchen chair to remove his shoes. He wore no fatigue, but also no smile. I didn't speak, but turned back to the beans I had been stirring. I stirred until most of their little shrivelled skins floated to the surface of the cloudy water. Something was wrong, but it was vague wrongness that no amount of hard thought could give shape to.

Over dinner that night I casually inserted,"What happened to the milk?"

"Oh,"he smiled sheepishly, glancing aside,"I guess I forgot today."

That was when I knew. He was tired of this life with me, tired of bringing home the Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz. He was probably shoveling funds into a secret bank account, looking at apartments in town, casting furtive glances at cashiers and secretaries and waitresses. That's when I knew it was over. Some time later he moved in with a cashier from the Food Mart down the street. And me? Well, I've gone soy.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 7 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 92 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 25, 2006 6:02:17 PM PST
Madfoot says:
Your tale has touched me more than any udder.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2006 10:25:55 AM PST

Posted on Mar 1, 2007 10:00:15 PM PST
Stop wasting your time reviewing internet milk and write a novel! Seriously, grade A writing that pulls the heart strings harder than a milking machine. Condensed, sweet, pure and very, very good.

Posted on Jul 25, 2007 9:51:01 PM PDT
Belize042 says:
Fabulous. I would bring a woman who writes like that a gallon--no, TWO gallons--of Tuscan Whole Milk every Friday. And help her drink it. Our complexions would become radiant together.

Posted on Aug 30, 2007 11:36:15 AM PDT
S. Kelley says:
I am deeply touched, to the core of my essence, to the depths of my psyche, but the new medication seems to be working so let's leave that behind us, for now.

Your tale, your bittersweet tale of love and betrayal sent tears coursing down my chubby cheeks, to pool at the tip of my chinny chin chin then drop... drop by drop, relentlessly, upon my heaving bosom of lard-laden man breasts.

How deeply moving thine tale. Penetrating. Almost sensual in the images portrayed, until the latter passages when self-centeredness of thine mate sent your hopes, your dreams, your psyche... dashed, dashed upon the rocks of despair akin to a Volkswagen Bug plunging off a Big Sur cliff, falling hundreds of feet to impact the jagged ragged rocks below. Wave-swept rocks. With Great White sharks lurking in the depths to engulf any flesh floating upon the ocean's surface.

How my sould shakes with sorrow for thee, my dear dear lady. May your Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz soothe thine sorrow, be a crutch in these times of need.

Be strong my Princess. Thine Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz is there for you. A steadfast friend who will never depart.

Posted on Dec 12, 2007 8:08:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2007 8:08:34 AM PST
Kerry Hubers says:
I agree with Randall Black: you should be writing novels.

Posted on Dec 12, 2007 7:09:36 PM PST
That was a udderly delicious.

Posted on Dec 19, 2007 10:14:42 PM PST

Posted on Feb 16, 2008 3:27:44 PM PST
I had a similar experience with orange juice back in 1929. It ended in divorce and I married Clark Gable.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2008 9:22:39 PM PDT
Ha, it's customer reviews like that make the internet worth while.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.9 out of 5 stars (1,690 customer reviews)
 (1,014)