Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars my new favorite magazine!, December 29, 2007
This review is from: All You (Magazine)
I highly recommend this magazine for working or stay at home moms. There is truly a little bit of everything. Inexpensive fashion, makeup tips, healthcare, nutrition, fitness, relationships, family, etc... It doesn't prefer one to the other and there are useful tips jotted all over the place that are truly useful. There are very few ads in the magazine and the ones they do have usually come with useful coupons. It seems to market young moms ages 25-40. I am 31 and when this magazine comes in the mail, I honestly read it front to back. No useless stories or expensive fashion that is out of my reach. I just hope it stays as consistent and true to the market they are reaching. Thanks All You!!!

7/29/08 UPDATE: I just reordered this for another 2 years. This magazine is still great and I actually start thinking about when another issue will be hitting my mailbox which hasn't happened since I was a teen.

Top 10 Favorite Parts:
1. Sudoku, Futoshiki, Crossword and Picture Puzzles in every issue
2. Table of Contents shows a picture of the front cover with page numbers for each tag - quick to flip to what interests you.
3. Easy layout to read. There are ordered sections called You Self, Your Health, Your World, Your Home, Seasonal, and In Every Issue.
4. Normal everyday people - no stick figure models in the this mag.
5. Fashion, decorating and make-up suggestions are all normal brands at normal stores (Target, Macy's, Gap, Walmart, Old Navy, LLBean, Pier 1)
6. Little fluff and most of the ads that are in there have coupons
7. Safe enough to leave on the table around kids (no kinky stuff)
8. Just enough family and kid-fun info but majority appeals to women so you don't feel so mommyish readying it
9. No gossip or celebrity picture. I don't buy anything that pays scummy paparazzi.
10. I can read it from beginning to end the first day and still go back to the issue multiple times thru the month for decorating, fashion and recipe ideas. Great value

I normally don't write long reviews but this is truly a great magazine!

EDIT: 7/7/09 - BEFORE you order this magazine PLEASE look over the time it takes to get your first one in the mail. Amazon states it takes 6 to 10 weeks from the day you purchase right at the top of the page. All the 1 star reviews are from idiots who are mad their magazine hasn't come yet and "it's been a whole month!" Stop leaving poor reviews because it isn't All You's fault or Amazon's - it is your own fault for not reading the obvious print on how long it takes to arrive. Be patient. It is a great magazine and doesn't deserve the bad 1 star reviews for people's lack of common sense.

EDIT: 7/5/13 - I still order and read this magazine every single month. I think the content has stayed the same but I think there are a few less coupons than before. The only place you can pick this magazine up in the stands is at Walmart. And yes, it still takes a long time to get this magazine like every other magazine from Amazon. You can get it a few weeks quicker going directly to their publishing department but I like the magazine subscription reminder thru Amazon as opposed to getting paper mail from publishers. Earth friendly and easier to remember.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 14, 2009 2:56:27 PM PDT
Kris says:
I am not an idiot. I ordered this magazine at this Amazon site.

Therefore my review is right on.

I have never received an issue after paying for my subscrption at this site.
I wrote the review about ordering on May 5Th and not getting
anything yet. Well today is August 14Th and still not one issue in the mail yet.
I think it would be helpful if you read all the reviews here. The magazine
itself is getting the 5 stars not this company. I called the All you Customer service (from the All You website.) and she has told me I will get my first issue in two weeks. I would not recommend this company at all. Please read the reviews and then order directly from the All You website. It will save you a lot of time and energy.
If you have not received your magazines yet this is the phone number to All You customer service. 1-877-604-2745

Posted on Sep 10, 2009 1:56:25 PM PDT
Megan Robel says:
I have noticed on a lot of magazines that people leave bad reviews because they did not get it fast enough. Even if they don't get it within the stated time frame, that is not an issue related to the content of the magazine, but rather an issue with either Amazon or the publisher. So, I agree with you. I wish people would leave reviews on the content and maybe note their issues with customer service in their review.

Posted on Sep 12, 2009 11:54:29 AM PDT
I haven't ordered All You, but will be taking advantage on the $$ off offered by Amazon. Have been picking it up from magazine stands whenever I think of it, which is quite often. Even my husband has started to be on the look-out for me. I just love the lay-out, the contents, and of course the coupons. Have tried some of the recipes and have been quite pleased. Not a big deal if it takes awhile to get the first one by snail-mail. I'll just keep buying them till my first one shows up; there is always someone that will be glad to have my extra copy. Their market audience may be the 21 to 40 crowd, but count me in...I'm 60!

Posted on Nov 23, 2009 4:33:46 PM PST
Yea! The first post aside, so many folks right reviews about customer service and NOT the product. I want information about the product when I read reviews. It does make it difficult to get an accurate respresentation on the goods.

Posted on Jan 5, 2010 10:32:34 PM PST
K. Avila says:
I couldn't agree with you more. These are the same bozos that rate DVD's based on content (or lack there of yada yada) , instead of reviewing the actual movie itself - Drives me bananas!

Posted on Sep 9, 2010 7:52:58 PM PDT
Found a great deal on the All You magazine subscriptions... 30 issues for $25.00 which works out to $.83/issue.

Here's the link: http://www.magfundraising.com/couponallies

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2010 10:26:27 PM PST
Rescue lady says:
Just checked out this link and its true- much better rates on many mags. Thank you for sharing this info.

However I'm not a mom, just a SWF but hoping I will get major value out of this as well.

Posted on Feb 12, 2011 1:44:56 PM PST
L. Bowser says:
I just subscribed! Thanks sooo much for the review. It's because of you outlining the magazine for me that led me to purchase it. I do not like that you called people that give their opinions idiots though.

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 7:36:09 AM PDT
debdeb98 says:
That wasn't very nice!!!! All You should inform Amazon of the change so they can adjust their lead time. I ordered directly from All You in the beginning of June. They stated it would take 4-8 weeks for the first issue. I received an email from All You that it will take a little longer than 8 weeks, but not how long. They did give me the option to cancel, but I really wanted the magazine. What concerns me is that the publisher and All You are not being up front with the delay in time frame. It wasn't delayed in charging my account, which better extend my subscription. They are still accepting new subscribers; if they are unable to handle the new subscribers they need to restate the lead time or stop accepting new subscribers at this time. That doesn't make good business sense to stop but if its taking this long to correct the printing and mailing issue to new subscribers (if that is the problem) they will find that renewals will be sadly lacking. Particularly if the long term subscriber's are stating that its not as "GOOD" as it used to be and new subscribers are unhappy. The good news is I have access to All You on-line.

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 9:40:23 AM PST
C. Johnson says:
Thanks for the review and updates. I have been teetering on the brink of subscribing but your review helped me decide. I can't wait to get my first mag. I promise to wait the allotted 6-10 weeks before posting a review, lol.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›