173 of 177 people found the following review helpful
my new favorite magazine!
, December 29, 2007
This review is from: All You (Magazine)
I highly recommend this magazine for working or stay at home moms. There is truly a little bit of everything. Inexpensive fashion, makeup tips, healthcare, nutrition, fitness, relationships, family, etc... It doesn't prefer one to the other and there are useful tips jotted all over the place that are truly useful. There are very few ads in the magazine and the ones they do have usually come with useful coupons. It seems to market young moms ages 25-40. I am 31 and when this magazine comes in the mail, I honestly read it front to back. No useless stories or expensive fashion that is out of my reach. I just hope it stays as consistent and true to the market they are reaching. Thanks All You!!!
7/29/08 UPDATE: I just reordered this for another 2 years. This magazine is still great and I actually start thinking about when another issue will be hitting my mailbox which hasn't happened since I was a teen.
Top 10 Favorite Parts:
1. Sudoku, Futoshiki, Crossword and Picture Puzzles in every issue
2. Table of Contents shows a picture of the front cover with page numbers for each tag - quick to flip to what interests you.
3. Easy layout to read. There are ordered sections called You Self, Your Health, Your World, Your Home, Seasonal, and In Every Issue.
4. Normal everyday people - no stick figure models in the this mag.
5. Fashion, decorating and make-up suggestions are all normal brands at normal stores (Target, Macy's, Gap, Walmart, Old Navy, LLBean, Pier 1)
6. Little fluff and most of the ads that are in there have coupons
7. Safe enough to leave on the table around kids (no kinky stuff)
8. Just enough family and kid-fun info but majority appeals to women so you don't feel so mommyish readying it
9. No gossip or celebrity picture. I don't buy anything that pays scummy paparazzi.
10. I can read it from beginning to end the first day and still go back to the issue multiple times thru the month for decorating, fashion and recipe ideas. Great value
I normally don't write long reviews but this is truly a great magazine!
EDIT: 7/7/09 - BEFORE you order this magazine PLEASE look over the time it takes to get your first one in the mail. Amazon states it takes 6 to 10 weeks from the day you purchase right at the top of the page. All the 1 star reviews are from idiots who are mad their magazine hasn't come yet and "it's been a whole month!" Stop leaving poor reviews because it isn't All You's fault or Amazon's - it is your own fault for not reading the obvious print on how long it takes to arrive. Be patient. It is a great magazine and doesn't deserve the bad 1 star reviews for people's lack of common sense.
EDIT: 7/5/13 - I still order and read this magazine every single month. I think the content has stayed the same but I think there are a few less coupons than before. The only place you can pick this magazine up in the stands is at Walmart. And yes, it still takes a long time to get this magazine like every other magazine from Amazon. You can get it a few weeks quicker going directly to their publishing department but I like the magazine subscription reminder thru Amazon as opposed to getting paper mail from publishers. Earth friendly and easier to remember.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you?