661 of 755 people found the following review helpful
This review is from: WBM Himalayan Glow Hand Carved Natural Crystal Himalayan Salt Lamp With Genuine Neem Wood Base, Bulb And Dimmer Control.8 to 9 Inch, 8 to 11 lbs. (Tools & Home Improvement)
I moved into my new apartment and had the worst allergies. I was taking medicine but I was still waking up every morning with a lot of mucous in my sinuses/throat/everywhere. So a friend told me about her salt crystal lamp and how it had helped her so I went ahead and bought this. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and no more allergies! This think is amazing! I was skeptical at first especially since it's electric but even after a couple days of use I noticed a huge improvement.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 2, 2013 11:32:06 PM PDT
Does it have any expiry? How can it work for life? Has the effect reduced?
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2013 10:57:29 PM PDT
These Himalayan salts are millions of years old, and still are Purifying the Air..they do not lose there effect...
I bought the salts in the bucket for $20, and after a week my husband said, I just notice I do not have a sinus problem in the morning. That said he did not know why, till I said I think its from the himalayan salt I just put in the kitchen..Yes, it does work for him...
Posted on Sep 23, 2013 11:53:03 AM PDT
Jeromy C. Turner says:
You could have shortened your review considerably by saying, "PLACEBOS SOMETIMES WORK!"
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2013 11:54:06 AM PDT
Jeromy C. Turner says:
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2013 2:13:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 23, 2013 2:15:01 PM PDT
Since you do not believe these reviews, Or believe that Himalayan sea salts work for some people, why are you even looking here at the Himalayan sea salts?
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2013 7:28:16 AM PDT
Storm Trooper says:
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2013 7:28:39 AM PDT
Storm Trooper says:
Purifying the air? Hope you're joking. It's just a lamp.
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2013 12:11:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2013 7:31:49 PM PST
Are you looking for a lamp/light?
If your not , why are you looking at this type of Natural Air purifier, since you do not believe in them?
That said, what proof do you have that this does not work?
I have proof of my Husband having terrible Allergies in the morning, and after having the bucket of Himalayan sea salt on in our
kitchen with the 25 W light on 24/7, he started wondering why his Allergies have gone away!. No more sneezing, and using a box of Kleenex in the morning.
He goes out of town every other week to the beach for business...After being there for 3 days, Allergies started coming back..
That is proof for me & him..
I'm not saying it works for everyone, cause everyone has different allergies..
Also People that have a dusty house, it probably will not work for them I'm thinking! ..I also use a feather duster to dust these off..and my house is not dusty.
I have one, that is the Bucket of salts, another that is 12 inch high, and this one, This one is by his bed...
Just want to mention, I have a open kitchen with a living room that is 20 x 30..so if you would be using this in a large room it problem would not work , unless you have more then one in there..
Our bucket is on the ledge of our kitchen, and it does work for him..
That all said, I bought the bucket salt first, and then these cause I liked the light it throws off..
His Allergies that went away where a unexpected side effect..
As you can tell, this is not a joke..
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2013 6:28:10 PM PST
It's not a placebo. This is a crystalized salt that is heated by a bulb, this heat causes a chemical reaction which release positive sodium ions and negative chloride ions. The negative ions work just like an ionizer found in almost all allergy air purifiers.
Seriously, speaking on something you are completely ignorant of is regretful.
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2013 10:47:50 AM PST
Fearby Crick says:
This sounds plausible enough, but -- compared to an incandescent bulb -- would a CFL or LED bulb generate enough heat for this chemical reaction to take place?