Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

4.0 out of 5 stars pleased thus far with this tv, November 27, 2012
This review is from: Hiteker TL32Z10H-DTP 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV/DVD Combo (Electronics)
I ordered the tv on Sunday afternoon - delivered Tuesday afternoon - thanks Amazon and fed ex.
Now to the tv: I am not tech savy when it comes to putting things together. Im really kinda old but willing to learn. Nevertheless, I called my cable company and they sent someone immediately because I needed to switch to an HD box! Before the guy came, I was able to remove the tv from the box, set up the stand and lift all. This tv is light weight. Must place on stand if not on a wall because there is a neck coming from the bottom of the tv that will not allow sitting without the stand. Complaint: being black, it was hard to see and I ended up on the floor balancing the tv on my leg while inserting the screws and tightning. (It actually wobbles but I was told by the cable guy it is normal for todays tv sets to do so. Hhmmm...) Fortunately, after putting together, I was able to get back up! Whew.

The cable guy came ( and no, it wasn't Larry) and switched out boxes and the set up thereafter was pretty easy. I will still need to tweak as I discovered that some programs are worse than others when it comes to picture quality. For now, it remains on standard.
I tried the DVD part and the cd went in easily but again needed a flashlight as tv is black and things are hard to see. I expect to get used to this and it will not become a problem. The tv did not eat the cd and the picture was great! Easy to get out as well and back to a tv station.
Important to read the booklet just to keep yourself doing the proper pushing of buttons. The menu is clear on the actual tv screen and the booklet also duplicates each menu so you can see what is what. Complaint: wasn't able to do away with a 2nd clicker...need both cable clicker and tv clicker with various actions. Have to play with it.

The sound on this model is good - it is capable of becoming real loud if volume is adjusted high but then, Im in a small space so do not need nor want loudness. Also noted the sound leveler must be working because I was not blasted when the commercials came on. At my age, my ears have had enough what with concerts back in the day, well you get the picture.

The 32" screen is really a 32" screen! Quite lovely to actually get what is advertised.

All in all, for the price, I got everything I wanted and will cross my fingers it stays working. If not, I will be back with an update of my review.
Hope this is helpful to anyone considering a Hiteker. Ambiance is the company out of the Netherlands and appears tv has German components although the tv clicker was made in China...aaarrrghhhh

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 9, 2012 4:06:13 PM PST
Thanks so much for your feelings/review? on this. Just bought 1 for my daughter & loved the remote comment! I'm also old so rest didn't matter. Maybe WE? make a remote someday.? MERRY CHRISTMAS !

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 4:55:45 PM PST
cmc says:
Hi,
Glad my review helped you make up your mind. Im still pleased with my purchase. No proiblems thus far. So happy not to have to bang the tv to get it working....such a pleasure to simply turn on and not give it a whack! I hope your daughter enjoys!
yes to making one universal remote for everything on this earth.
Connie

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 1:16:28 PM PST
Regarding your remote control, your cable company's remote can most likely be made to control the TV. Typically they have the instructions for this on the back of the remote (you'll need a magnifying glass for sure!). If it's not that good of a remote, ask the cable co for an updated one. Regarding the less than great picture on some channels, you should be receiving the picture via an HDMI cable directly from your HD cable box and that should be producing a beautiful picture (do not use the red/yellow/white RCA cables). All your local channels will be duplicated at a higher number (so for instance if channel 2 is your local CBS station, for example channel 402 is the high definition version of that local channel). You'll need to refer to your guide. If you post on here your local cable co and your city/district, I'll even look up the info for you if you haven't already figured it out. I hope you enjoy your new TV for years to come.

Posted on May 5, 2014 2:49:41 PM PDT
L. Satterlee says:
Do you know what channel to set the t.v. to for playing w/exterior DVD player?

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2014 3:13:47 PM PDT
It depends on what input you're connecting the player to. Is it HDMI? S Video? Component? Whichever one you use is the 'channel' you need to select to watch the DVD player.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›