Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Always get squaretrade for your electronics, December 17, 2012
This review is from: SquareTrade 2-Year Home AV Protection Plan ($75-100) (Electronics)
Ive been using them for years on almost everything electronic I buy. Had a few cases where the product failed and I needed them and you email or call, they ship you a box with a prepaid shipping label, goes out to their repair facility, if it cant be fixed within two weeks they refund you the money for your original purchase.

Its also great for when you buy something from a store instead of an online retailer. cause you scan and upload your receipt right away so if a year or 2 later product fails..no need for original receipt. they have it on file and never ask you. Just dont be lazy and do that part right away. They dont force you to but you should.

1 repair and 2 refunds so far that have made up for over 10 of my squaretrade purchases...

Always get a squaretrade..not only cheaper than any other extended warranty, but they have great customer service. They make the process extremely easy. I have had a few cheap things need warranty replacements that I didnt think were worth a warranty (like now a compter case I bought for 70 bucks) and I wish I had boughten squaretrade for the ease of RMA process...

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 15, 2013 6:05:36 AM PST
anonymous says:
I appreciate the personal testimony for this specific product. There is so much negative information as to the value and reliability of these extended warranty products.

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2013 8:07:18 AM PST
Amazon.Buyer says:
Extended Warranties tend to be overpriced. For electronics these days at the prices we get them and how they tend to not last as long as they used to, extended warranties are a must for me. However I want a reasonable price for the warranty. A price that makes the product with the warranty still be at a competitive price. Squaretrade always has at least 20% off coupons and I have bought warranties with 40% off in the past. The most valuable ones for me are for my Keurig coffee makers cause if you check reviews there are a lot of people that complain how the keurigs stop working a year after the purchase. I love coffee from the keurig but they arent at a price where I feel 1 year makes up for it. Extended warranties with discount or them are 15 dollars and I get 3 years coverage. 3 years is decent for the price of a keurig and the warranty and squaretrade delivered last time the keurig broke down in two years. They refunded the purchase. So I bougnt a new one with the refund and also bought a warranty for it. I also had a laptop from ebay which died 2 years after I bought iut and squaretrade covered that witha refund. Those two refunds have made up the price of all the warranties I have combined. I have also had them repair a unit (a 500 dollar motorcycle gps with a cracked screen). SO now I make sure everything I buy has a squartrade warranty. Piece of mind.

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 5:13:03 PM PDT
I have a question for you. With the 3 items you had problems with, did they fail in the first year or the second? It appears SquareTrade doesn't cover the first year so the added protection is the second year. That would explain the negative reviews stating SquareTrade refused to repair or replace in the first year and told them to contact the manufacturer. I'd like to avoid that mess, is possible.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2013 7:47:29 AM PDT
Amazon.Buyer says:
Square trade is an extended warranty so it covers things beyond the manufacturer warranty.

The things I've had problems with so far:

A 650 dollar motorcycle gps was in my backpack and the screen cracked within 3 months of having it and they fixed it. Luckily it was after the 60 day period for accidental damage handling (I had purchaser adh for this one. Total warranty was 50 bucks cause I always use the 30% off coupons the email you after you have bought one warranty).

Another thing I had a warranty for is my keurig coffee maker because I had read those things tend to fail a year after.. Basically right after the warranty (the bad reviews about then say so). I still wanted a keurig though cause I use one at work and like it so I got the 3 year warranty which was 12 bucks with the coupon. 2 years later the keurig started causing issues. It still worked but it would keep piping up messages that it needed cleaning (I don't remember what it's called). I called them, they sent me a prepaid shipping box and 2weeks later they emailed me said it was to expensive to fix so they refunded me 130 bucks.

I bought a laptop off eBay which of course had no warranty so I got squaretrade. Without adh cause I'm careful with laptops. Almost 3 years later it have me issues with keyboard. I didn't want to send it in cause I thought I could fix it and bought a keyboard of ebay for 6 bucks. Replaced it and still had problems . So I emailed square trade. They sent a box again so I sent it to them and 10 days later i got an update that was apologizing the repair was taking so long. 1 week after that an email saying that it could be fixed and so they refunded me 260 bucks I paid for it. Warranty was 50 bucks.

Next I had a nexus 7 which cost 250. I bought this for my mother and got adh for it. 50 bucks with coupon for 3 year coverage. Less than a year later she dropped it and screen cracked. She was devastated. I told her not to worry. Emailed squaretrade and they emailed me a shipping label this time (under a certain weight they send the label only). Sent it to them and two weeks later they sent it back repaired. They used a glossy screen instead of Matt so it actually looked better too :p.

Recently my Logitech revue started making a of noise. Seemed like it was the fan inside. I called them (which by the way, If the wait is over 3 minutes it asks if you would like a callback and you out your number in and maybe 20 minutes later they call you. Have called 4 times like that on the past 4 years of using them, usually I just make the claim electronically but I've had to call for some questions on coverage and stuff ). They said it was under a year so I had to contact manufacturer. I was confused because the item said refurbished when I bought it and those have a max 3 month warranty. Still I emailed Logitech support. 2 weeks later they got back to me saying that the product was refurbished so it was not still under warranty confirming what I thought. So I called square trade and told them this and they said, OK, well we don't repair the revue cause it costs too much so we'll send you a shipping label and refund you. I actually wanted the repair because I use the revue a lot but a full refund was better than losing my money. They gave me 95 bucks amazon credit (you get 5 % more if you have the refund as an amazon code and its faster than anything else ..well maybe same speed as paypal).

So because of these issues and their repairs i always get squaretrade. A Lot of people think their electronics dont go bad or seem not to care if its after a year but buying a 130 dollar coffee machine to have it break down in less than 2 years is not good enough for me.

So a long winded answer when a short response would be, no, they do not cover the first year because that is the manufacturers responsibility and they should not be obligated. Unless you purchased accidental damage handling (ADH) and the accident occurred within the year but after the 60 days (the 60 days is for those who would try to take advantage of these warranties by buying one AFTER they had damage).

So because of these incidents I am far ahead in money gained than money spent so I believe that squaretrade is a great value. Not store bought warranties and I always use a coupon code for at least 20% if not 30% (the email codes are for 30% for that day and 20% for a week or so after. When I buy an electronic I might wait up to 20 days before getting the warranty in order to get an email with a coupon first).

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2013 11:41:12 AM PDT
Wow, thank you. How do you get the adh? The one I purchased said "does not cover accidents" and now I think it may be beyond the 30 days after purchase. I bought the one Amazon recommended which is a 3 year tv warranty (hdtv). I have not seen any adh plans. Thanks for the heads up with the emails. I didn't realize you could purchase it after you bought the item, or with items that you purchased somewhere else. I wish they posted this somewhere so it was easy to find. Thanks so much for the info. I'll send them an email and see if I can change my coverage.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2013 7:39:34 PM PDT
Amazon.Buyer says:
The adh plans are only available on portable electronics like laptops, tablets phones etc. They cost more and for a tv I wouldnt want it anyway. They had adh for the revue and that made no sense for me.

Also adh is only available to new products (so not for ebay purchases).

They cover purchases from every retailer like local stores etc but they no longer cover refurbished like they used too and they changed that policy a few months ago and no notice or anything. I had to call them up because i wanted to make sure. At some point they may change their policy on who you can buy from as well so keep an eye out on that too. I think this kind of info is available on their F.A.Q.

Check the terms as well for what they cover, how long after you can buy a warranty (in case they change that too without notice), and when buying from a retailer, scan your receipt and use the online process with emailing the receipt t them right away so if something happens two years from now you arent digging through tons of papers so you can find the receipt.

Posted on Nov 30, 2013 5:09:53 PM PST
I agree Square Trade us awsome! I. Bought s ipod touch from Sams Club.
They take your money and. Make up. Reasons your product isnt covered! I will never buy any other insurance from. Sams club or any other co.!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2013 5:19:33 PM PST
Amazon.Buyer says:
So far with repairs and refunds on purchases im well ahead woth squaretrade and they do not rip me off...i know what they cover under adh and under defects and have never had a problem for years now. Some things I do not get squaretrade for like a 23 inch tv I bought on sale for 140 bucks. If this dies after the manufacturer warranty ill probably just get a new cheap one..but it was a samsung one and every samsung tv I have and seen at friends last for years. If they get past the first year you are good for several after. Its usually within the first 3 months that you will know. But Keurig coffee makers, my logitech revues etc I always get squaretrade. Peace of mind. I just bought one for my galaxy gear smartwatch. I want this thing to last at least 3 years.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›