Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

4.0 out of 5 stars A Changed View... for the Better, May 22, 2012
This review is from: Anker AH121 USB 3.0 7-Port Hub with 36W Power Adapter [12V 3A High-Capacity Power Supply and VIA VL812 Chipset] (Electronics)
Let me start by saying I am quite tech savvy. Everything on my system is up to date.

I bought this hub because of the good reviews on it, which apparently were all lies, only 1 review spoke the truth [...] .

I got this hub today 5/22/12, unboxed it, hooked it up and it got recognized by my computer just fine. I plugged in an external hard drive to test the speed and its about the same with or without the hub, which was great. Then I tried encrypting the drive which would have taken several hours to see if there were any problems with the hub being truly active for a prolonged period. Sure enough there was, after about 10 minutes my computer lost the connection with the hub, I figured it was a loose connection or something since I just hooked it up. I checked and made sure everything was seated properly which they were. I unplugged it and then plugged it back in, the computer saw it again and resumed the encryption. 10 minutes later the same thing happened. 1 minute after that I boxed it back up and shipped it back. What a piece of junk.

With all of the garbage products on the market today I give companies 1 chance to impress me with there products, Uspeed failed miserably and I will never buy a product from them again. I believe this is the only way companies will learn to stop putting out garbage products.

Con's
Doesn't work

Pro's
Nice Design
7 USB 3.0 Ports

Update 6/29/2012

After being contacted by the company that manufactures this product I agreed to let them send me a replacement unit. I received it last Thursday and have been testing it since.

I have not had a single issue with the replacement after mid to heavy continuous use.

Since I have actually been able to use this unit, I did notice one thing that is a negative for me, but may not be for you. When a device is plugged into a port there is blue LED light that lights up above that port. When you have multiple devices plugged in, it gets pretty bright. I actually took a piece of duct tape over the top of the unit to mute the glow which substantially improved it. Again, this may not be a problem for you, but it did get pretty annoying for me.

Having to deal with there customer service was actually a true joy and is second to none, I actually wish every company was this great.

I have changed the star rating to 4/5 stars, which I believe reflects my overall experience. Customer service would easily receive 5/5 stars.

While I was not happy with how things initially started off with this product, they made it right by me, which makes me happy.

Hopefully they can get all of the glitched worked out, but, overall I would give them a shot.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 22, 2012 10:51:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 22, 2012 10:54:39 PM PDT
Uspeed says:
Reply from the manufacturer:

Dear jason,

Thank you for your time sharing your experience with this product.

Sorry for the frustration. We have strict quality control. It is really rare to see this problem. Could you please contact us via support@Uspeed.co and give us a chance to make things right?

Just want to add, you can feel superspeed only when your PC and hard drives are USB 3.0.

Anyone who has this item and experience problems is welcome. We always strive to help our customers in a timely manner.

Thank you for reaching out to us in advance!

Sincerely,
Steven
CEO of Uspeed

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 8:17:16 PM PDT
C. Koberg says:
Honestly, can you ask for better service than the CEO to offer to personally replace your part? Things happen...the question is, does the company make it right? I'd say this is a very good start.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 8:31:43 PM PDT
I never once mentioned a problem with customer service nor have I ever contacted them, but when they consistently reply to others with the same problem as I have and state how rare "this problem" is, What does that tell you?

You can have the best customer service in the world, but if your product is crap there is absolutely nothing they can do to fix it.

I understand there may be occasional problems with a product, but when others have the same problem and the company turns around and says how rare they are. Again, What does that tell you?

If they want to send me another unit for free, sure I'll take it, and I would even test it out again, but how about they post some honest answers to peoples problems. I'd rather here"Yes, we know there is a problem with our product and are doing everything we can to fix it" then how "rare" the problem is. That would go a long way to regain my faith in a company.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 12:10:36 AM PDT
Uspeed says:
Thank you for your update information.

Our staff has sent three emails to you, but with no reply. We will try to email you again, please reply our email and we are more than happy to send you a new hub for a try.

Look forward to your reply, thanks.

Sincerely,
Steven
CEO of Uspeed

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 3:27:34 AM PDT
MTBDET says:
Hard to blame the product unless you were able to test it on another system to make sure it wasn't your computer's USB port that was the culprit and not the hub.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›