4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Horror Trilogy on Blu-ray, October 14, 2008
This review is from: The Omen Collection [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This is one of my all time favorite horror series. All three movies look and sound better than I have ever seen. The original Omen comes loaded with extra features on Blu-ray. Omen 2 and 3 however have nothing extra on them that did not appear on the DVD editions. This was a little disappointing for me. At least they could have thrown in a trivia track or something. The Omen remake is the same exact disc that was previously released on Blu. My one BIG complaint about this set would have to be the packaging. Considering the price of the set, it comes packaged in a very shoddily made box. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be "Earth Friendly" by not using any plastic housing for the discs, but Fox seriously dropped the ball on the packaging. The outer case has very cool artwork, but it is not sturdy at all. The movies are housed on a fold out inner jacket where each movie is simply held in place with a foam rubber hub. There is no booklet or anything else. Not only is the box cheaply constructed, it is also waaaay too big for a Blu-ray. It is about the size of a regular DVD, which causes it to really stick out amongst the rest of my collection.

Bottom Line: If you love the Omen series as much as I, you won't be disappointed with the actual movies. However, be warned that the packaging is really not in keeping with other sets in this price range (e.g. The Matrix, The Godfather)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 6, 2009 6:15:53 PM PST
Slade Simon says:
This sounds like the same type of packaging that was used for the Battlestar Galactica: First Season on HD DVD. I read several complaints about the discs getting damaged. I've been lucky so far.

This Omen set sounds tempting, but I don't know about the case. The size doesn't bother me. Multi-disc sets are going to be a bit bigger. My Spider-Man trilogy on Blu-Ray is in a thicker case with 4 discs inside, and it's about as thick as a standard DVD case. I like it since it takes up less space than if you got them separately. Personal preference.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2009 3:00:47 PM PST
Kevin Pepper says:
I became so disgusted with the packaging of The Omen set, I actually sold it and bought the original and the remake of the 1st film on Blu Ray. I bought both of them used, and am much happier with having the movies securely in a nice package. Now I am waiting for Fox to release Omen 2 and 3 in single disc editions as well.

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 4:45:41 AM PDT
Your review is spot on regarding the packaging, I bought the blu-ray set without reading the reviews and was disappointed by the cheap box, it looks out of place w/my other blu-rays.

Posted on Dec 19, 2011 10:21:52 AM PST
they should have put omen 4 on there too.

Posted on Oct 23, 2014 8:12:46 AM PDT
T. Hunter says:
I agree with this review. Luckily I found this set at Best Buy for $14.99 with a $10 off coupon, so paying $5.31 after tax for 4 Omen movies on Blu-ray was worth having crappy packaging. ;) I'm just going to print out my own covers and put them in some empty blu-ray cases.

Posted on Dec 29, 2014 5:26:25 PM PST
Ben G. says:
Now only $10 at Best Buy, regular price.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›