Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars First experience with Bose and it's a good one, December 4, 2010
This review is from: Bose SoundDock Series II 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock (Black) (Electronics)
I wanted a dock for my new 4th Gen iPod Touch and was really looking for superb sound. I love to read while listening to Smooth Jazz radio and my computer speakers were nice but I wanted something better.

After looking at other brands, some far less expensive but similar in appearance to the Bose, I decided that I would be more likely to regret purchasing something I bought for price rather than sound quality. I'm sure there are some units that are similar in sound to the Bose, but I was fortunate enough to have the funds available so I took a shot and bought it.

I was very concerned after reading some of the reviews here because I have a brand new 4th Gen iPod Touch and it seemed that this newer, thinner Touch with the angled bottom did dock into this model. I read the specs on the Bose and noticed that it has an auxiliary input so if the iPod didn't fit, I could always order an extension cable online and use the auxiliary input for the time being.

When I unpacked it, it was a very simple assembly. You get a remote, two piece plug and the dock. After plugging it in, I decided to be daring and try docking the 4th Gen Touch and figured if I felt any resistance or difficulty, I'd stop immediately and use the aux jack. The Touch fit right in. I lined up the connector with the dock, gave it a gentle push and heard the familiar ::plink:: noise that the iPod emits when connected.

I opened up Slacker Radio, hit play and the most wonderful sound I've ever heard came out of the speakers. I haven't even set up the equalizer on the Touch so I have no idea what it is set to now but the sound quality is phenomenal. I'm very happy that I purchased this unit.

If you have a 4th Gen Touch, please be careful when plugging it in. I had no problems but if you read other reviews, others were unable to seat it and one person had the unfortunate experience of breaking their Touch. I'm not sure if this model has been updated in anyway. I purchased it today so maybe the dock on the ones manufactured a year or so ago is different. That's kind of hard to believe though because this new Touch just came out a few months ago, I think, and these units may have been sitting a while at the store where I purchased it.

If you are on the fence about this item, I say give it a try. The sound is just wonderful and if you can't get your Touch to fit there is always an extender cable or the aux jack.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 20, 2010 7:20:12 AM PST
Syverson32 says:
Very helpful thank you so much. I spent hours trying to find out if they worked together and called apple (who said no) Bose (who said yes) which was very confusing. I called Bose again today and talked with someone in tech and they confirmed yes. Your review allowed me to finally pull the trigger :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2011 12:53:57 PM PST
Anna O says:
I hope you had the success that I did with my Touch!

Posted on Mar 1, 2011 10:26:44 AM PST
Few of reviews even on Amazon mention which model of their iPods they use, and this was very, very helpful in telling rest of us he had a new 4th gen iPod Touch like I just bought. I am searching for a speaker dock to listen to my iTunes ALAC rips and my online classical music (some smooth jazz, etc.). I like good bass not heavy, good midrange, and am a treble fan for sure. I hope these are the ones. I will give them a try.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›