1.0 out of 5 stars Where to start..., August 23, 2013
This review is from: Navitas Naturals Organic Raw Chia Seeds, 1 Pound Pouches (Grocery)
First off, I've been using Navitas goods for quite some time now. I loved them since the start. However, recently I received another order of these Chia seeds in the mail and my love has since changed.

For starters, one bag had aquired a small whole which was leaking a little bit of seeds. Which is fine. It's a packaging problem, not a failure of the actual product. So, I figured I could still consume what was left in the bag itself (which was 99.9% left inside. But here's where it gets much worse..

I dumped the rest out into my "Chia" jar. (I always empty all my food products into glass containers for storage). I noticed a few small twig fragments but I figured, meh, what the hell, a few sticks won't hurt so I decided to eat them any how haha. Over the next couple days I felt a bit more bloated than normal. By the third day, I was eating them and CRUNCH. Right into a rock. A tiny, gray rock. Fortunately, I must have strong teeth because I did not break a tooth.

Then I decided to investigate further. I emptied the whole bag out and found MUCH more debri mixed in then I expected. Along with the rocks, twigs, etc. I found what looks like animal feces -_-

Naturally, I've refused to eat them after all this. But AGAIN. I noticed something strange..

When I empty my packaged food into glass containers, I usually keep the bag for nutrional content reference, etc. It's easy when I have someone over who asks what the health benefit is, etc.
Well, I compared this more recent bag to an older bag and almost ALL the nutritional value was A**-Backwards and different! I'm going to have to post pictures, because this is just freakin' crazy.
I never had a problem with the bags that just tore open and then ziplocked shut. But the newer bag has a pull-tab that tears the bag about 1/2 inch from the top and then ziplocks from there.
Something has CLEARLY changed not just in the packaging, but the quality control, etc.
Anyone else experience this????

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]