4.0 out of 5 stars Polaroid Charm Lives On - But Do Your Research!, October 11, 2012
After a false start with a Z340 that didn't work, I finally got my hands on a working model. The camera has some really neat modes & features, and the ability to spit out instant prints (which is why I bought it). That being said, the instant prints are only OK in quality. Do your research before you drop the $2.5 hundo on this one, because if you don't know the quality of the prints you're in for you're bound to be dissapointed. That being said, you can always hook the camera up and print out better quality photos via an ink or laserjet. NOTE: I find you get better prints when you dont use the flash.

However, if you're a fan of the old polaroid cameras, and love vintage-looking photos you'll have a lot of fun with this camera. I really enjoy that I get to choose the photo that I print! With the old polaroid cameras you wind up with a lot of expensive junk prints. Not so with the Z340. The ability to add borders to your prints adds a sprinkle of photobooth-like charm. This camera is very well thought out for the amateur photographer with lots of fun modes / features / ease of use. If you're out to take fun silly photos, or capture a nice moment & you aren't a super anal photo-snob, you'll have a blast.

Dog Owners & Moms will LOVE "Kid Mode". It's been an awesome feature that I pretty much use all the time in my dog boutique. I use the camera for the souviner photo portion of my charity events. I advertise the prints as "vintage" and the customer gets to pick their photo. Everyone has a good time & Loves it!

I also enjoy that the battery is charged while it's in the camera (ac adapter plugs into side of camera). For some reason I hate seperate battery chargers. I ALWAYS Loose them.

The only other gripe I have is that there is no view finder. You're completely dependant on the LCD screen. It's not so bad once you get used to it, but it does take a second. And this is a large camera. I loved using the larger polaroids of yore, so I'm ok with a larger camera.

Anywho, you can get all this info by just reading other reviews available on the interwebs, so don't be lazy & Do your research!

Polaroid, if you're listening, a few requests for the next version:
1. a viewfinder.
2. better quality prints (Bigger prints? 3x4 is still a bit small)
3. Better Materials. Heavier plastic, or even metal would be rad. The camera has kind of a cheap feel in some respects, but nothing that will hinder the fun.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]