4.0 out of 5 stars Great televison!, November 3, 2012
This review is from: Panasonic TC-P60U50 60-Inch 600Hz Plasma HDTV (2012 Model) (Electronics)
I shopped around locally & on the internet and could not beat the price for this. I liked that it is a name brand and also it offered free shipping with my Prime membership. I was concerned that the description did not list it as "wall mountable." None of the reviews mentioned anything about this so I hope my experience will help any future buyers who want to wall mount their set.

After some research I found that it is wall mountable but that it does not conform to the Vesa standards. Vesa makes it easy to buy a wall mount for your television. If the television lists the Vesa bolt pattern you can then easily pick out the correct wall mount. I went to the panasonic site and it lists the wall mount model as TY_WK5P1RW. Great, but I could not find a place to buy that model! A Google search for it brought up the "Cheetah Mounts APTMM2B Flat Screen TV Wall Mount Bracket for 32-65-Inch Plasma LED LCD TV" here on Amazon. Its description states it is a universal type mount that will fit most bolt patterns. I ordered this wall mount.

There are bolt patterns on the mount that did line up with the bolt holes on the TV. The catch is that none of the bolts that came with the wall mount fit into the holes on the TV itself! I had to go to the hardware store for them. So be prepared and buy these first. You need M8 screws, 4 of them. "minimum depth of 0.67" (17.00 mm) maximum depth of 1.46" (37.0 mm) I consider this more the fault of the television manufacture than the wall mount manufacture. The VESA standard is common these days and if they can't use that they should have at least included bolts that fit into the television. However, that may be the reason they did not advertise this set as wall mountable.

As to the actual performance, I was very pleased with the sound on this set! Some of them these days have such horrible sound you then have to spend a hundred more dollars on a sound bar. Our living room is not large but I think if you are using this in a large entertainment room you would probably also be hooking it up to a sound system anyway. For use in a living room the sound of the television on its own is great! Picture is great too. There is a VIVID setting that makes the picture much brighter than the other settings or of course you can go in and manually adjust the settings on brightness & contrast. My father is visually impaired and needs the most vivid picture possible. This set is a great improvement over the old rear projection TV we had before.

There are only 2 HDMI inputs but on another televison set I own, I bought a simple adapter that provides more connections if needed. For my fathers needs, 2 are just fine.

If you just want to use the stand that came with the set, it is easy to put together and seemed to hold the televison sturdy. However, we did not have it on long before we went to the wall mount.

Very happy with the set and would recommend it highly, just be aware of the wall mount issues!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 17, 2012 3:20:25 PM PST
S. Cain says:
I'm also having trouble with the screws. Do you know which M8's you purchased? I've tried two different types as the one listed on the Panasonic site says, "M8x32." Although these weren't available at my hardware store nor could they order them. I guess the 32 part means how it is threaded. The other M8's I've tried only go in partially and stop. Thanks in advance for your help!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 8:45:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 8:46:24 AM PST
Karen says:
I purchased mine at Lowe's. I am sorry I no longer have the package for exact details of the depth we ended up with. The manual does state the minimum Depth of screw is 17.0 mm and the Max is 37.0 mm. You may want to try item number 138547 at Lowes website. This item number is 30 mm deep and seems to be the closest to the max depth they carry. At least they are cheap so if you ordered a couple of sizes to be sure, hopefully you will get the right ones! Darn that metric stuff anyway. Please let me know if it works out for you, I hope we will save others a bit of trouble down the line.

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 2:03:34 AM PST
scott s says:
hi, i just received my tc-p60u50 and same cheetah mount (APTMM2B) and it had multiple screws including the four required (m8 diameter) to bolt the two vertical brackets that hook over the wall mount section. i was very impressed with this wall mount kit which included: a plastic compact level; what appears to be a quality hdmi cable (10'); plenty of extra hardware with everything clearly packaged and identified in the well written instructions. hardware also included the plastic spacers (thick washers) and star washers which are used with the 4 m8 screws. i believe they were 25mm in length but don't quote me on that. anyhow, i'm not the type to post negative/critical comments, but thought i'd write this because my mount did come with everything needed, and then some -- i have quite a bit of left over screws, nuts, washers, etc. that weren't needed for my particular tv but will be used by me somehow in the future.

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 5:46:21 PM PST
Redhead says:
This one "VideoSecu Tilt TV Wall Mount for Most 37"- 70" LCD LED Plasma TV Flat Screen with VESA 200x200 to 700x400mm, Sturdy Steel Wall Plate Free HDMI Cable and Bubble Level 3KR" works for the : Panasonic TC-P60U50 60-Inch 600Hz Plasma HDTV (Electronics) $29.99
I originally bought it for the TH-58PZ700U Tv but that TV went out after only 4 years of light use (100,000 hour tube my *ss)
Anyway I bought this tv as a replacement for $699 at fry.com on 02-03-2013 and the mount with the provided spacers works great.
Just make sure you use a real level and not the one that comes with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2013 4:19:04 PM PST
Karen says:
Glad it worked right off for you! S.Cain & I may have just gotten ones not as complete. I did say the Cheetah mount was great & I do not fault them for not having every possible screw size but mine did not have the ones needed for this televison. They could have possibly updated what is included in the mount since I bought it. Thank you again for the updated information!

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 3:17:23 PM PDT
HonestReview says:
I really appreciated the care that the reviewer took in presenting his evaluation and experience. It makes my buying decision a lot easier. The comments were also very helpful -- I would have really been stymied with mounting the unit had the reviewer and commenters not taken the trouble to write. Thanks!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (269 customer reviews)

Out of stock