5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Choices on the Market!!, January 10, 2011
This review is from: Clarks Originals Men's Desert Boot (Apparel)
Desert Boots and Chukka's have quickly become one of the most popular style of boots over the last couple of years. There are literally hundreds of different options out there if your looking for this style boot and the prices can range from roughly $50 all the way up to $400 dollars. With that being said, Clarks Original Desert Boot is easily one of the best of the bunch especially when it comes to getting the most bang for your buck.

I absolutely love this style boot and have over 15 pairs sitting in my closet from companies such as J.Crew, Johnston & Murphy, Frye, Diesel, John Varvatos, Red Wing, Bed:Stu, Original Penguin etc. Out of all the companies I have purchased this style boot from, there are really two that stand out more than the others in regards to getting the most bang for your buck. Those two are Clarks and J.Crew. Both make high quality boots and both keep things simple in regards to the design and that is exactly how I prefer them.

Clarks Original Desert Boot is really the epitome of simple design. No flashy cuts of leather, no funky patina's, just a clean design using classic colors and high quality full grain leather or suede. If you think these are comfortable when you first try them on, wait until you have had a pair for 6 months. These boots become like butter on your feet. In all honesty, that is one of the greatest aspects to this style of boot, they break in and become one of the most comfortable pairs of boots you have ever worn. Out of all the boots I own, its my broken in Chukka's and Desert Boots that are the most comfortable. Some of my Clark Desert Boots are over 4 years old and they are still in amazing shape. In fact, as I stated in regards to comfort, they only getter better with age. If you take proper care of them they will last a very long time.

Bottom line - Again there are now hundreds of choices out there for this style boot but very few can match Clarks Desert Boots especially when you consider the price. These are easily one of the best deals out there in regards to mens footwear. If your late to the Chukka/Desert Boot game then what are you waiting for? Every man should have at least a couple pairs in his closet. Clarks Desert Boot is a perfect place to start. The Taupe Suede & Brown Suede are the 2 that I recommend the most. They go with practically everything.

5 Stars!!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 26, 2011 11:12:10 AM PST
Dear Boot Owner,
It's nice to be able to read your review (opinion) as this will help me make a good decision on whether or not to buy these Chuka/Desert boots. I just ordered a pair and did go down one size, however, the real concern I now have is the Width of them. I usually wear a EE to sometimes up to a EEE in certain shoe styles. The boots I've ordered will have a D or Medium width as I didn't see them available in a wider size. PLEASE tell me these boots will stretch wider than what they're coming in without me ruining them, otherwise I'm in big trouble! Thanks again for your comment.
James Alexander

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 10:14:27 PM PDT
Seung Hun says:
I have a quick question regarding size. I am usually a size 10, and recently made the mistake of buying a pair of vans 9.5 which are slightly tight. anyhow, i am really concerned with the size with the boots. im thinking 8.5 or 9 because they have told me clark boots run big. what would you recommend me?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2013 1:52:14 PM PDT
N. Tanner says:
I am in the same boat. Did you ever figure out sizing for wide feet? Did you go down? Did they stretch? For example, I am usually a size 9 ee or eee. Should I size down or stay the same size?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2013 8:14:45 AM PDT
OrangeCrush says:
Well, I cant speak for others but I usually wear a size 9 and that is exactly the size I ordered with my Clarks chukka's and they fit great. In my experience, these kinds of shoes usually do stretch out, especially the suede versions. One of the reasons I find Chukka's in general to be so comfortable is that they usually stretch out a bit to fit your feet perfectly.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2013 11:09:02 AM PST
Hey OrangeCrush - I'm debating buying these or the J Crew McAllister boot. These would be my first pair of chukka's, so which one's would you recommend?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2014 8:37:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2014 8:38:27 AM PST
OrangeCrush says:
Honesty, you basically just named my 2 favorite pairs of Chukka's. I love both and have multiple pairs of each. They are very similar to one another, both in overall style and quality. Personally, if I were choosing between these 2 versions, I would go with whatever color I preferred the best as you can't go wrong with either of them. They are both extremely high in quality and age extremely well, and again they are both very similar in style. So I would look at all of the different versions currently available and see if a particular color stands out to you more than the others. Since they are so close to one another in style and quality, that would be the best way to decide which version to buy, at least that is what I would do if I were choosing between the two. Just know that whatever you decide, this is one situation where there is no bad choice. You will be happy either way you go as you can't go wrong with either version.

I hope that helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2014 9:18:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2014 9:18:25 AM PDT
Bobby52 says:
Probably you have already made your purchase by now, but... I have the J.Crews you're asking about, Ivan. They are made in Italy. They are very comfortable overall, but the sole is a bit stiff. It has not been a problem for me, but the old (Clark) boots I had years ago had a "spongier," more flexible sole. And of course, the J.Crew are more expensive than what you are looking at, here on Amazon. As I say, the sole has not been an issue for me after several months of wear, but I imagine for a lot of people a softer sole may be better.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (1,598 customer reviews)
 (1,015)