5.0 out of 5 stars These work!!!, August 16, 2012
This review is from: Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves - Helps Shin Splints, Leg Sleeves for Running (Sports)
I severly injured the shin muscles in my left leg in 2005 by being a stupid runner. Overuse with no rest days, not properly stretching, not replacing my shoes as I should...

Physical therapy healed me as best as it could, but my shin would still bother me. I gave up running for good in 2008 and switched to "traditional machine" cardio (elliptical, rower, etc.) until last year, when I became tired of icing my leg every day and being in pain. Now I swim and usually don't have shin pain from my workouts. However, if I am on my feet for too long (I stand for a good portion of the day at my job) or go up and down hills or stairs (I lived on the third floor of my apartment building for the last two years; I moved to a ground floor unit two months ago) my shin let me know its displeasure.

I actually had been in slight pain daily ever since the move (I packed most of my things myself and carried many items up and down the steps) and decided to try these sleeves. Even though it's usually only my left leg that bothers me, I figured wearing one on my right leg won't hurt anything.

I've had them a week and WOW what a difference!! No more pain! I put them on after my swimming workout and wear them while I stretch, and then for the next half-hour as I drive home, put away my gym items, and drink my protein shake breakfast. I then put them back on again once I get to work.

I've noticed, first and foremost, my leg doesn't hurt anymore! These have helped more than Advil and ice therapy. I haven't even needed Advil or my ice canister since I've been wearing these. On top of that, my legs feel fresher, and I seem to have more energy and more spring to my step. I bought a second pair so I can keep one in my gym bag and one in my work tote.

They are very comfortable to wear, not hot or itchy at all. I barely even notice they are on. If anything, it feels like my legs are being gently massaged.

I am 5 feet 5 inches tall and wear a size 6 pant, but I have muscular legs. According to the size chart, I was on the border between the x-small/small and the small/medium. I ordered both, and the small/medium size fit, whereas the x-small/small would barely go over my foot and ankle. If you have muscular legs or are on the border between sizes, I would encourage you to go up a size.

If you have any type of shin pain, I highly recommend these! I wish I had discovered them in 2005. They could have saved me years of pain!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]