3.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly cute! - but won't last!!!, November 2, 2010
This review is from: Bath Toy - Flow N' Fill Spout with Three Stackable Cups And Automatic Water Pump (Baby Product)
I am yet another parent with a toy that was well enjoyed - great fun! - BUT it was short lived. The 2nd week after my daughter's birthday this toy was not working right. By the 3rd week it would not turn on at all. When we went to change the batteries we found that gasket on the battery compartment had not sealed at all!

Actually, my husband had worried initially that the gasket did not look very reliable, but we put in the batteries anyway, and believe me, he made sure to screw the cover on tightly. But, sure enough, after the 3 weeks we opened the battery compartment and icky brown/black water dripped out. The batteries were all rusted/corroded from the water infiltrating. Even the spring that presses against the negative end of the battery had rusted right off!

This toy was so much fun that I would really like to order it again, but only if I can find a way to insert a gasket that will really seal so the toy won't be ruined. Also, while we were careful to keep the battery compartment above the water level when we suctioned the toy to the tub, it would also be advisable (though not at all practical) to take the batteries out after each bath and dry the compartment out.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 13, 2011 3:28:06 PM PDT
Lupie says:
mine doesnt work either...such a bummer because we love this toy

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2011 12:12:50 PM PDT
B. Neal says:
See the other posts about how to fix it! Basically, there's a piece of hair clogging the pump. Open the bottom, clean out the hair, give the propeller a bump with the screwdriver, and it will work again.

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 5:31:15 PM PDT
I agree that this was a great toy that my kids enjoyed playing with. But like the other parent's comment, it didn't last long. I thought it was the batteries, but after changing it, it still would not work. Too bad, liked it. If it lasted at least a year, we probably would've bought it again.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2011 10:58:39 AM PDT
Mr Mom says:
Agreed. Ours only lasted 6 months. No apparent corrosion in the battery compartment. We dried it off good after use. I think either the motor or switch went out.

I'm also in agreement about buying another one. My daughter loved it, but I don't think it was a very good value considering it's short lifespan. If it had lasted a year I'd feel differently.

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 4:29:53 PM PST
Great toy! So much fun, for both my one year old and seven year old :). BUT, we're on our second one. I returned the 1st one that stopped working after a week, and this second replacement one has only lasted just over a month :(. Bummer, 'cause it is such a fun bath toy. The battery compartment looks clean and dry - not sure what has failed. I'll be bringing this one back to the store, but don't think I'll try it again for the 3rd time. Too bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 5:08:34 PM PST
KP says:
Sorry to hear yours has failed for the 2nd time. I was tempted to buy it again myself, but got the other Yookidoo toy, the fountain, instead. It has not failed, but I take out the batteries and dry it after every bath. Maybe I will get this Yookidoo spout again one more time. Not sure....

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 7:13:54 PM PST
La says:
I agree. Bought it 2x- loved it so much- but it really only lasts a few weeks tops. Wish they would make it better. My daughter couldn't get enough of it.

Posted on Nov 17, 2013 2:43:30 PM PST
I just want to chime in that mine also broke recently, but we bought it back when it was reasonably priced, and got almost 2 full years out of it. My son and I are sad to see it go, and I would certainly buy another one for <$25 (which is why I'm commenting here at this time). It appears they've discontinued this item. Sad! But, my 3 year old is probably ready to move on anyhow. For our experience, I'd give it 5 stars, since it held up for us under heavy use for 2 years. Guess we were lucky.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›