5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest installments to the Assassin's Creed universe! Ezio's Trilogy is the best you are going to get!, December 17, 2013
This review is from: Assassin's Creed - Ezio Trilogy Edition (Video Game)
I will admit that I am completely in love with the Assassin's Creed franchise. I love the feeling of the games, I love the characters, I love the villains, I love the music, and I really love the storylines that comes along with it. But the greatest storylines of them all had to be Ezio's story in Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and Assassin's Creed Revelations. These were the greatest games ever created.

While I did love the first Assassin's Creed game I sort wished we could have gotten more out of Altair. Don't get me wrong Altair was a badass assassin and I thought he was a great way to start off the franchise. But there was a feeling that something was missing from our character. And then we met Ezio in Assassin's Creed II. When I first met this guy (on the screen) I instantly loved his character. He was a rebellious teenager, someone who knew how to fight and speak his mind (even if it was a little too much). Not to mention he was a "ladies-man", which was something I was excited to see in our new character. As the games progressed we got to see Ezio evolve and really develop. Sure he was still the young, rebellious, romancing, badass assassin as we always knew him as. But wow did we see a lot of change in Ezio, both physically and mentally. It was then that I realized that the reason I loved these games more than the first and newer ones is because the character development in Ezio and some other characters is really done well. We could feel that change happening and we could just go along with it without hesitation. It is that very same development that keeps II, Brotherhood, and Revelations all such lovable games. Now that is pretty impressive.

The villains of this trilogy are actually okay. The Templars make such amazing bad guys in this game and I can feel just how much trouble they are to the world and to the assassin. The present-day Templars are very well done and I can feel the excitement of the danger they pose. In past... well... that depends on which game you are playing. Both II and Brotherhood actually did very well in having great villains who control the Templars, in Revelations the villains felt a little weak. But still they all are intimating and that is enough to make a good story.

The music in every one of these games are just amazing. In fact, this is the best music by far in the series. Without it this series wouldn't be so good. Even the emotional settings of this trilogy relies off of this music. Assassin's Creed have created perhaps the greatest music in videogame history.

The storylines of these three games are very compelling and very emotional. Ezio's development and journey serve as the primary focus of the games, which makes all of it even more interesting. We see him taking on impossible odds and also see him struggle against the pain of his past and also the present. If I had to choose which one had the better storyline it would be Brotherhood.

The romance in this trilogy very good, the best the entire franchise has to offer. Ezio is a ladies-man but only three women have ever caught his heart: Cristina Vespucci, Caterina Sforza, and Sofia Sartor. I will admit that there is tons of emotional in these romances of his. There is even a "Romeo and Juliet" type of setting, for which I will not spoil. Heck, we even see Ezio finally settle down with one of these three girls by the events of Revelations. If I had to choose who was the "true" love of Ezio it would be Cristna Vespucci. The romance between the two was so powerful and so beautiful that you could tell that they were meant to be.

The characters of this series are amazingly done, both present and past. Desmond Miles is a very likable character, including Lucy, Sarah, and Shaun. Even the characters from the past like Mario, Leonardo da Vinci, and Octavian just make the game even more fun.

The gameplay of all of these games are just enjoyable, fun, amazing, and just a whole new level in games. You can just enjoy the world of these games and have free-reign (which is freaking awesome). The gameplay in Brotherhood is the reason why Brotherhood is the best game in the entire Assassin's Creed franchise.

I absolutely believe that this trilogy is worth buying. They are all the best games in the series and they are worth the time on your hands. The characters are great, the music is amazing, the storyline is compelling and emotional, the action is enjoyable, and the gameplay is one of the best. Even the character development is just amazingly done. Just buy this game! It is worth it!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]