Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

4.0 out of 5 stars What a great idea!, December 19, 2002
This review is from: BLACK+DECKER DCM18S Brew 'n Go Personal Coffeemaker with Travel Mug, Black/Stainless Steel (Kitchen)
I bought this coffeemaker for home about 2 months ago and I love it! It is extremely convenient to be able to quickly brew coffee for just one person. The best features of this unit are:
1. It has a built in, "permanent" filter which is a HUGE plus. No more running out of filters, EVER.
2. It is fast. In just a couple minutes I can go from sleep to sipping coffee.
3. It brews the coffee right into the travel mug. The unit I bought included an extra mug which is also a great convenience.
4. It is inexpensive!
The only downside I can see is that I would have made the travel mugs a bit larger, but that is not a serious problem. I would buy this coffeemaker again without hesitation.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 7 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 1, 2009 11:31:22 AM PST
My husband loves coffee and I hate it. This looked like the perfect coffee maker. He used it once per day for 5 weeks. Did not use it for 2 months. Used it again for 3 days and it died. Camping World has discontinued selling it because of the number of complaints of the coffee maker dying. It is inexpensive, but when it has been used for fewer than 3 months total, it is not worth it. I am now looking for another one that will last longer.

Posted on Feb 21, 2010 3:21:33 PM PST
John B says:
I paid Amazon $68 +T/S for this (Black & Decker DCM18S Brew) 12/21/09, I got skinned, plus it frequently makes a little more than half a cup. Leaving the rest of the water in the water tank. It does make a good travel mug of coffee when it wants to.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2010 10:19:28 AM PST
John,
I have one for work and bought another one for home and it didn't work at all!!

Sharon

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2010 1:15:59 PM PDT
Salmontree says:
Is it made in China?

Posted on Nov 26, 2010 6:20:04 AM PST
AngryBaby says:
I bought this about 6 months ago now and it is still working great. I usually use it at least 1x/day during the week and 3-4x/day on the weekends (I like my coffee). It gets heavy use at my house and it's going strong after 6 months. You can't beat that for the price. Never had any problems with grind overflow and I use 2 tablespoons and fill it almost to the brim with water. Occasionally ~1/2 oz or so does get left in the reservoir but it is simply a matter of pushing the "On" switch again and letting it finish the brew in literally 10 seconds.

I highly recommend this product.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2011 10:23:55 AM PST
Debbie Adams says:
I just want to update that I got this from my hubby for Christmas and am now going through the hassle of finding a box to return for a refund because it quit working in less than a month of use.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2011 8:52:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 14, 2011 8:54:58 PM PDT
H. Wong says:
I bought this coffee maker 11/18/2009 and use it once a day for 15 out of the 21 months of ownership. I have no complaints. I must be one of the lucky ones. Still going strong.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2011 6:31:42 PM PST
Mitty says:
I have two and so far so good. They are convenient, inexpensive and have held up with light usage for more than six months.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 11:09:33 AM PDT
ANACONDA says:

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2013 6:12:56 PM PDT
Hi, do we have to put hole beans or ground coffee? what is the quantity that we need to use for small cup of coffee? when buying Peet's coffee, do I have to select drip in the ground type?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›