5.0 out of 5 stars It goes everywhere with us now - highly recommend!, May 29, 2012
This review is from: NUK Mash and Serve Bowl for Making Homemade Baby Food (Baby Product)
This was the perfect item to mash up food to give to our 11 month old. We have tried a few other products that didn't come close to this in terms of ease of use, effectiveness, and ease of cleaning. Some things I like about this product:

- The pieces are dishwasher safe which makes clean up easy.
- The bowl has a rubber bottom which makes it slip resistant.
- There are grooves in the bowl the provide a nice amount friction for mashing up foods.
- It is sturdy and durable (now is on to the third different child using this).
- It's a one "pot" meal - mash it up and serve right from it.

We have used this for about a month with all kinds of foods: pasta, meats, beans, fruits, veggies, etc. For the cost, I cannot recommend picking up this product enough - you will not be disappointed. It more than easily pays for itself in money saved from buying less jars of baby food!

UPDATE:

- over 6 months later and we have pretty much stopped using this product as our son is old enough (and has enough teeth) to not need most foods mashed up. Although, he does enjoy potatoes and other veggies mashed up still...so it still gets some occasional use.
This has held up through the entire time we used it and it will be ready to go for our next child! I stand by my original review of this product - it was a HUGE help for feeding our son all sorts of table food for many months.

Update #2 - 12/16/14

- baby #2 has officially started solid foods a few weeks ago and we took this right out of the attic. Since our first, we had let someone else borrow this and it still is in perfect condition! Bananas and sweet potatoes are being mashed to perfection already. We look forward to being able use this the entire time with this baby.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 18, 2012 9:06:12 PM PDT
I really appreciate the specific mention of foods. Most reviews mention soft fruits/steamed veggies. My 7 month old is ready for more texture so I don't want to puree, and this looks so easy, but I wasn't sure about meats, pastas, beans, etc. Thanks so much!

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 9:57:53 AM PDT
catlady says:
Nice to know it is versatile. I stumbled onto this while searching for 24 oz. thermos water bottles - strange.... However, as soon as I saw it I thought "avocadoes/guacamole!" which I often make in small batches with only 1 avocado, or plain avocado over beans, and hate using a bowl and fork, or a cutting board and masher for it; so I ordered it to reach the +$25.00 mark for free shipping on my thermos. :-) I'm sure I'll find other uses for it too, but even if it's dedicated to avocado use it is well worth it to me. Thanks for your info.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2014 9:22:06 AM PST
I agree! I really appreciate the detailed review and the followup post. Most of the time we send an initial review in and don't update it after months of use. I was debating between this product and another and you've made my decision for me. thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2014 10:41:38 AM PST
E. Sikorski says:
Glad it was helpful! In fact, I need to update it again since baby #2 has started eating solid foods!

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 8:58:25 AM PDT
Thank you coming back to the review and updating it twice - I think it definitely helps shoppers to have the long view and you gave it!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›