1.0 out of 5 stars It worked for one week.!, December 26, 2013
This review is from: Linksys AC1900 Wi-Fi Wireless Dual-Band+ Router with Gigabit & USB 3.0 Ports, Smart Wi-Fi App Enabled to Control Your Network from Anywhere (EA6900) (Personal Computers)
I have had a lot of routers but for the past few years I only got Linksys,my previous one was an EA 4500.This router is, so far, outstanding..it took me less than 5 minutes to set it up and I did it wirelessly.I am not a rocket scientist ( my wife thinks that I am an IDIOT !).No drop of speed..I have 12 items connected: 2 Iphones,2 Ipads,3 laptops,Stereo,3 Rokus,DVR with 4 security cameras and they all work fine.
Well,I reviewed this router too soon;after the second or third week it started to lose connection with the internet....not once but several times a day ! ...I have 2 windows laptops (7 &8.1 ) and one mini MAC plus 2 Roku... it drops the internet in all of them ( of cause they are not running at the same time) I am sending it back to Amazon and I am getting an Asus router.Thank God for Amazon return policy !

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 14, 2014 12:23:49 PM PDT
I have had the same problem. I was extremely pleased with this router for the first month. Recently it not only drops the internet, especially on the 2.4 GHZ band, but requires frequent reset before I can log back in when it loses connection. When trying to reconnect I get an "unable to join" message from various devices. After unplugging power for 10 or more seconds it will reconnect and work for another few hours. I have owned a number of Linksys routers but this one appears to be a lemon.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2014 4:37:30 AM PDT
B. Dorular says:
This is exactly the same type of error i get from the "Asus rt12u" which is a mid-level product... Whatever that fault is very discouraging to see on different Brands...

Posted on Jun 13, 2014 2:59:30 PM PDT
Hi.

If you still have his router, can you try to update its firmware to version 1.1.42.161129 (2014/Jun/05).
It seems to fixed this problems on my router, but it had been only 9 days since it was released.

We are discussing this on the Linksys forum, please give your feedback too: http://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/EA6900-Experience/td-p/819540/page/20

Regards.

Posted on Jul 20, 2014 8:06:11 AM PDT
Marcus says:
Fellow Amazonite's, this router has many issues and to date is the most troublesome of the EA series of routers (see CNET review http://www.cnet.com/products/linksys-ea6900-smart-wifi-wireless-ac-router-ac1900/). As Martin indicated there is a firmware upgrade which I've heard fixes many/some of the issues with this router so I would recommend trying it before you totally lose your mind trying to figure out what's wrong or wasting lots of time on the phone with Lynksis support. One would think that Netgear would have done a better job with this router (yes it is Netgear, Cisco no longer owns this brand) especially at the price point that it is "expensive." I don't have this model but the one below it EA6400 which is great performer with 1 or 2 minor issues here and there (It gets **** stars from me regardless)

Posted on Aug 1, 2014 6:34:34 AM PDT
Jeff Schein says:
My router worked great for about 10 days. Then I started to get dropper coverage and most annoying was that it couldnt find my wireless printer even thought the printer showed full connectivety and excellent reception. I finally went back to my 5 yr old router and have had no problems.

Posted on Jan 8, 2015 1:32:34 PM PST
Geoff says:
I just bought this router a week ago, it's working fine for me with 14 devices hooked up. Although, I had a similar problem with my previous router when I had first bought it. Any time my wife's laptop connected all devices would lose connection. I ended up fixing it by messing with the settings but ultimately I don't recall what fixed it. I googled the issue and used a suggestion based off of someone else's issue. Mind you, they had even a different router than mine so it does seem to be an issue with different routers, certain devices may just have some odd setting that kills the connection for whatever reason but I just wanted to make mention that it may be fixable through router settings.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›