Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

4.0 out of 5 stars CC witness, November 28, 2008
This review is from: CC Witness 2GB Digital Recorder/MP3 players with AM/FM (Office Product)
I love the CCWitness. It's easy to use and I never miss my favorite radio shows. I purchased the Witness because it has a built in AM radio. I can record local AM and FM radio. I've also have discovered I can record non local stations by running a line in from my computer. I bought a 16gb SD card and also can use it as a mp3 player for music and audio books. I really am enjoying this device. It was a little expensive, could have got an ipod with video capablities for less but it's the only device I have found that has a built in am radio that records in mp3 format.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 21, 2010 8:56:24 AM PST
11-21-2010, 8:53am PST: Does this CC Crane Witness radio NEED audio/listening buds? Does it have an amplifier for listening so that anyone in an area can listen to a broadcast? Thanks for any info you have.

Posted on Nov 28, 2010 7:24:34 PM PST
LA Reader,

It has 2 very small speakers. It sounds like the transistor radio I had in the early 60s. But, yes, in a quiet room, a small group could listen to it.

Posted on May 7, 2011 2:57:54 PM PDT
watthe says:
I am attaching this note and request to all reviewers of the CC Witness who indicated that they used/use high capacity SD cards in their unit:

I recently purchased a CC Witness and a Sandisk 16GB SDHC C4 card for it. With the card inserted, the radio freezes upon switching the unit ON. No buttons function and the unit cannot be switched OFF. In that frozen state, if the card is removed, the radio starts operating normally. If the unit is already ON and then the card is inserted, the radio will operate normally, recognizing the SD card and playing any files contained on it.

If you happen see this comment and you are amenable, will you please advise the exact brand/model/write speed of SD card that you are using? I have been in contact with CCrane, and they have acknowledged some issues with certain cards (presumably associated with the card's write speed), but they are not in a position to recommend a specific 16GB card that will function in the unit. They will only recommend a 4GB card, and on their site they are currently selling only a 2GB card as an accessory.

Whatever details that you provide, I will pass along to CCrane. Thank you in advance for any information.

For any prospective buyers of a CC Witness, please do not use my situation above as a deal breaker. I am confident that CCrane will ultimately resolve this issue, and for what I consider the item's primary attribute, i.e., the ability to schedule the recording of radio programming, the CC Witness is a unique product that fully fulfills that function. It is the audio equivalent of what vcrs do/did for televised programs.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2011 9:07:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 7, 2011 9:07:26 PM PDT
jomammah says:
I have 3 Sandisk Ultra cards, 15 MB/s, 16GB. They work fine. My 32GB Sandisk Ultra, 15 MB/s is too big. The player can only see 16 GB of it. Just in case this helps, I read last week that you should never format a solid state drive. The article didn't say why.

I've used my CC Witness outside, every day, for 6 months and love it. Talk radio in the morning and music after lunch. I've had zero problems with it. I listen with those yellow Sennheiser sport ear buds.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2011 9:29:37 PM PDT
watthe says:
Homesick, thank you very much for replying and for the information that you provided. Except for this external memory issue, the CC Witness has otherwise exceeded my expectations. I get to listen to my talk radio programs when I want.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2011 9:40:11 PM PDT
jomammah says:
Mine are also SDHC C4 cards. And you're welcome.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›