2.0 out of 5 stars Loved these Muck shoes BUT, September 15, 2010
This review is from: The Original MuckBoots Daily Garden Shoe (Apparel)
I have had two pairs of these MuckBoots garden shoes and absolutely loved them. But both pairs lasted only one year - then cracked where toes flexed. I bought second pair because they are great shoes - both summer and winter - but the second pair lasted the same length of time - one year - and now are not waterproof. I am looking for an alternative as I won't be purchasing any more of these.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 29, 2013 4:31:29 PM PDT
I've had my pair for going on ten years and they've never cracked. I wear them year round. I'm considering another pair for myself, as the foam on the inside is rubbing thin at a few points, although, I'd never know it when I'm wearing them. I'm really here today to buy a pair for my husband.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2013 12:19:59 PM PDT
Glenn Ward says:
I too had the same problem. Actively looking for a new, better pair.

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 8:57:15 AM PDT
Doc says:
I am in an identical position. 2 pairs over maybe 3 years. They split at the seam along the top edge.

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 5:54:02 AM PDT
S. Parker says:
These reports are very odd because I am here today to replace a pair that I have had for 10 years (maybe longer?). The top fabric(?) part finally gave out. The rubber/shoe portion - still going strong! I hope my replacements last longer than yours.

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 9:09:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2014 8:29:28 AM PST
hjow says:
I believe all the commenters here are correct. My hubby and I each had a pair from about 10 years ago, and they were wonderful. The subsequent replacement shoes lasted about 1 year for each of us before tearing apart. The older version was definitely better, and the shoes from the past few years are much lower quality.

Update 11/4/14: Back in April '14 I bought my husband the Bog's Urban Walker and they're still going strong after more than 6 months of very hard wear. They're still like new! Much better quality than the newer Mucks.

Posted on May 4, 2014 12:46:22 PM PDT
Kawaika says:
It seems odd that some people have been using these shoes for years as mine only lasted one year. I like these shoes, but they just don't last long.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2014 6:42:48 AM PDT
My wife and I have had all 3 pairs of our boots do the same thing.

Posted on Sep 13, 2014 7:24:11 PM PDT
Im noticing that the customers who bought their shoes 10 yrs ago have had great experiences with them, but the more recent buyers seem to be having quality issues. Im wondering if 10 yrs ago these were made in the USA, or at least at a better quality plant abroad, and that they are being made more cheaply or cheaply imported now.

Posted on Oct 2, 2014 8:38:56 PM PDT
C. Reid says:
I agree 100% with those who say these shoes last a year. Mine I have had for about a month and already the heels are wearing down. I buy these periodically but agree with all who are on the lookout for a better made product. Sounds like they are coasting on an old reputation at this point.

Posted on Oct 29, 2014 1:32:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2014 1:34:18 PM PDT
Fez says:
I literally was just about to buy until I saw this comment. They better fix their quality and send the original poster a free pair to try out and update his review.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›