2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive DLC, May 31, 2012
This review is from: Crysis 2 - Maximum Edition [Download] (Software Download)
I don't know about you, but I'm not up for paying $20 for another few maps and a new weapon! Amazon sent me a coupon for $20 off, because I purchased Crysis 2 from them. Still, it's a ridiculously overpriced product.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 31, 2012 11:34:40 AM PDT
Detail-S says:
I have to agree here. I got the coupon as well... The thing that really bothers me is that this was on sale the day it released on Origin for $20 I belive. So that means even if I do use the Amazon coupon I am still out the entire amount I paid for the first copy, its not like I am going to play that game and this one. BTW, I bought it only a month ago and haven't even got around to playing it yet! Another thing that really gets me upset, correct me if I am wrong, but this release was totally unannounced! Amazon, I want a full refund of the game I purchased, disable my key code, and then I will use the coupon to buy this copy. But it still will be priced a little high for my taste. FYI - this is in no means a review of the product itself, just my opinion on the release of the product and how it was handled.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 12:05:42 PM PDT
Coy says:
Thanks for the comment. Your input potentially saved me $20.

Posted on May 31, 2012 12:10:43 PM PDT
coolishmike says:
I plan to wait until this game is at least 50% off and therefore free with my coupon.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 12:29:42 PM PDT
I pay $5 for the game, In January (Promotional days), I will not pay $20 for some maps and one weapon. Actually I don´t play multi-player, so whats the deal?

Posted on May 31, 2012 12:44:07 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 31, 2012 12:45:14 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 12:44:55 PM PDT
The coupon has to be used within a few weeks, unfortunately

Posted on May 31, 2012 12:48:24 PM PDT
So... You DIDN'T buy this edition, but you thought you'd go ahead and rate it anyway?

It's people like you that just trash the whole ratings system...

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 1:07:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2012 1:26:23 PM PDT
Creative says:
As a matter of fact he did buy the original game, and thus in position to judge its New Price / Content added and saying that it's way overpriced. I don't see where the problem is...
I bought the original game myself, and seeing the price of this edition at 40$ 18 months later is at best laughable, which means that 75% of the price is for the couple of multiplayer maps added, since the orignal crysis 2 could be found at 10$.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 3:23:12 PM PDT
C Fox says:
I agree, he is in the perfect position to rate this game. I just got the coupon as well, I haven't had a chance to play it yet but $20 for some minor DLC for a game I've already purchased seems a lot on the high side. I'd essentially be paying 20 bucks for a map pack and gun. It's not worth the 'upgrade' I guess. I understand how someone wouldn't want him to rate something he didn't purchase, but if someone bought a pull up bar, then one came out later with straps, I'd say that they are still well qualified to rate the pull up bar and point out whether paying double just for straps is worth it.

Posted on May 31, 2012 6:38:59 PM PDT
I also just saw the coupon from amazon in my inbox. I think I paid $7 something for Crysis 2 a few weeks ago. I'll wait till Crysis 3 hits and they release a trilogy pack with all this stuff. $39.99? for some maps? Thanks to the OP for saving us all $19.99.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.4 out of 5 stars (36 customer reviews)

$29.99