Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

2.0 out of 5 stars "This Playstation Network Card number has already been used", December 26, 2013
This review is from: $10 PlayStation Store Gift Card - PS3/ PS4/ PS Vita [Digital Code] (Software Download)
HORRIBLE. DO NOT USE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD. This is the first time I tried the digital download for a playstation gift card. I checked out paid by credit card and got the 12 digit code. I thought it was easy enough until I tried to redeem the code. After I entered the code I got a message saying that this code is already used!!!!! Unbelievable!! I called amazon customer service which was NO help at all. They just deflected me to call sony about my problem. So I'm currently on a 45 minute hold right now with sony to talk to someone about this. I'm glad it was only 10 bucks I lost. Do yourself a favor and just go to the store and get a gift card. This is the worst experience!!!

UPDATE 12/26/13

So after spending over an hour on hold with sony I finally got through to someone who basically told me this is an amazon issue and that there was nothing they could do because I purchased this gift card through amazon. When I gave the sony customer rep my code they told me that it was used on December 18th and that it was amazon's fault they issued me a used code. There was nothing they could do because I didn't purchase the gift card through sony. And to top it off they told me to call amazon to deal with this issue.

I just got off the phone with the amazon customer service rep who told me that this is a sony issue. I explained to her that I just got off the phone with sony and they told me to contact amazon because amazon purchases these codes from sony. Then the amazon rep asked me if I had a case number so she could investigate further and I told her the sony rep didn't give me one and basically she couldn't do anything without one. She also said all digital sales are final and she couldn't refund me. So if you have any kind of problem with your code, you pretty much lost your money because neither amazon or sony will do anything but pass the blame.

Thanks a lot amazon!! NOT

UPDATE 12/27/13

I am upgrading my rating from one star to two stars. I was contacted by an amazon customer service rep who saw my review and wanted to rectify the situation. They gave me a new code to enter and this one worked like it was supposed to. Overall, this experience wasn't worth the supposed convenience of getting a code instantly through digital download. I would rather much go to a store and pick up a gift card knowing that there wouldn't be any problems with it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 7 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 26, 2013 11:42:09 PM PST
I had the same exact experience, on December 26 as well.

Posted on Dec 27, 2013 3:07:48 AM PST
Justin R. says:
Same thing happen to me on December 26, 2013. They need to be sued for vending fraudulent merchandise.

Posted on Dec 27, 2013 12:25:59 PM PST
Same here, and in December 26, 2013 as well. WTF is going on?

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 7:03:37 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 5, 2014 7:04:05 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 7:09:32 PM PST
Gabriel says:
SAME PROBLEM WITH ME :(

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 7:37:46 PM PST
Gabriel says:
It works guys! I had the same problem and called customer service and they were all cool about it. As I re-entered my code the jagillionth time during the call it finally activated! PSN network is kinda lagged out I guess.

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 2:16:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 10, 2014 2:18:10 AM PST
Not necessarily true as I have a physical code for a 30 day trial for the PlayStation 1st party music application, and it doesn't work. There's random code generators that people use to hack and steal. It's only 12 digits you have to get right. Xbox live uses 16 digits so they should use that. The more digits the better. They might as well use 24 digits.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't mind entering 40 digits if it meant having a more secure transaction.

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 5:27:44 PM PST
Yosslen says:
I had the same exact experience

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 8:29:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 8, 2014 10:36:20 AM PST
Wilber Mejia says:
I don't know what's going on but I just purchased and received the code, it says the code is either "invalid" or it's been "already used", I wish I had read this review before. I just sent an email to the Customer Care or the team in charge, I hope I can get a resolution, I can't afford to lose money and get nothing back. But I'll tell you what, I totally agree with Mathew's comment, it's the last time I do virtual a virtual purchase, too much hassle.

Update 02/08/14 (Same day!!!)

Oh, my God! I'm surprised and I have to let you know, guys. They answered my concern really quick, I didn't expect them to resolve this situation this fast. I answered the survey and stuff and I let them know how happy I was.
However, and don't get me wrong 'cause I wouldn't like to sound ungrateful, I'm really happy because they gave me a fast solution, but I'd rather go through a simple transaction from beginning to end than having to almost go through a heart attack. I know, I'm exaggerating but as customers we feel frustrated when we stop by and give out some money and don't get what we expect.

Thank God for Customer Service, I now know I can count on these guys if (hopefully not) I go through a similar situation in the future.

PS. Just a recommendation if you guys allow me to say this. If you're about to call/email Customer Service, just make sure you don't start yelling at them since the beginning. They will likely cooperate faster in resolving your situation if you treat them in a good manner, in the way you would like to be treated as a customer.

Source: my own job as a customer service rep.

Regards.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2014 1:07:01 AM PDT
I have the same issue on, April 2014 as well.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›