5.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes it take a tragedy to open our eyes, December 20, 1999
This review is from: Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills (Paperback)
It's weird how fate sometimes thrusts a book into your hands at just the right moment.
I was in New York and visited a bookstore, and was almost about to walk out when the title Excitotoxins caught my eye. I actually picked the book up thinking it would be about mycotoxins, which are found in mushrooms, and which some WHO scientists have identified as potential carcinogens.
However, upon opening Russell Blaybock's excellent book, I was surprised to find that it was in fact a mystery book - a book written by a neurosurgeon for the purpose of understanding how Parkinson's had struck down one of his parents.
As the son of two parents with Parkinson's, I was entralled by the book's premise - that common food additives could cause demonstrable health problems in sensitive individuals - and shocked that because these effects did not involve the whole population, such additives were deemed to be safe by the FDA. I was also shocked that manufacturers were given the right to add them to food under the guise of "spices", "natural flavoring" and other non de plumes.
When my parents first became ill, I did a large amount of research into Parkinson's and related illnesses. One of the more interesting aspects I came across was the discovery by some researchers that sebhoric dermatitis and Parkinson's may have a link. Being a recent sufferer of this annoying skin condition, my heart sunk on hearing this news.
However, since reading Excitotoxins I have made an effort to rid myself of any intake of the toxic additives mentioned in the book. It should come as no surprise that my skin problem has gone. My energy level has doubled.
I recently visited my parents and gave them a copy of this book. My parents, who put their trust in general practitioners early in their diagnosis and saw themselves travel quickly down hill, have long since learned to look after themselves through greater knowledge, and careful use of supplements and alternative medicines. You should know that my parents are now far better than they were some years ago, and are on the slow road to stabilisation and recovery. Such things are possible if you dig deep enough and believe that things like Parkinson's do have a cause, and then work to get back your health.
I believe this is an exceptionally important book, but only for sensitive individuals. Most people will remain unaffected by neurological disorders - for them, this is not an important book at all. For the rest of us, especially those of us with a genetic possibility of such sensitivity to additives, this book could well put years on our lives. I feel it has already done so for me.
Thank you, Dr. Blaylock.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 27, 2007 8:43:57 PM PDT
John F says:
but please consider that neurological problems do not show up until it is "too late",
ie by the time there are symptoms I recall reading, most of the neurons involved
are already gone. So my understanding is that excitotoxins will deplete the
"reserves" even in a healthy person. It will just take longer, perhaps much
longer before any symptoms show up.
John in Bethesda

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 8:34:00 PM PST
Check out MMS (Miracle Mineral Supplement) on google. The ebook is free for download. I know it sounds like far out quackery but I would rather be the ostracized person who can bench press a piano and run laps around the village and beat up the tiger when it comes to maul my little girls than be an accepted part of the community and feel like crap 24/7. MMS costs $20 for a whole year's supply for your entire family. Now do you see why you haven't heard about it on CNN? If enough people use this, Big Pharma (Merck, Pfizer et al.) would be bankrupt.

MODE OF ACTION
This is how MMS works. Basically it creates chlorine dioxide, perhaps the most potent anti-microbial substance known to man, and circulates it in your bloodstream, oxidizing all the bad guys including fungi, viruses and bacteria. Two effects: 1) letting your immune system recover to the point where it's able to do effective combat with the pathogens on its own, and 2) by killing all the bad stuff colonizing various organs and tissues of your body, it allows your body to regenerate and recover to the point of optimal, child-like health that you had before you accumulated all the toxins and bad guys.

DOSING
Dose it according to the instructions in the e-book, don't rush it. I rushed it and took double the recommended dosage and I had agonizing stomach pains as a result of my stomach not being able to take that much at one time. Having almost finished one treatment cycle, the net effects are that I feel like superman now versus saruman-possessed king theoden (lord of the rings) before.

Disclosure: I don't own stock in the companies that make MMS.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2011 9:28:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2011 9:34:06 AM PDT
B. Michael says:

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2011 7:01:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 17, 2011 7:05:13 PM PDT
I strongly disagree with this part of your review: "I believe this is an exceptionally important book, but only for sensitive individuals. Most people will remain unaffected by neurological disorders - for them, this is not an important book at all." That is the kind of thinking that people who think it is okay to put these additives into our food use.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 11:17:10 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 6, 2014 3:30:49 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2013 5:44:55 PM PST
mhall says:
yeah and people have died from mms therapy...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2014 2:52:34 PM PDT
M. Nelson says:
I understand that Parkinson-like symptoms can be brought on by being toxic with heavy metals.

Physicians don't seem to have checking for toxins high on their list plus blood levels will only be high if you are still getting the toxin regularly. The metals tend to settle in fat, bones, brains and other body parts where they are harder to detect and remove.

Posted on Nov 10, 2014 12:37:47 PM PST
Ruth says:
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. It is so necessary to hear from people who are actually helped by the information in these books.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2014 12:12:56 PM PST
But what about the book, "Excitotoxins?"

What is your opinion of that?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (149 customer reviews)

$17.95 $17.05