3.0 out of 5 stars close but no cigar..., December 2, 2009
This review is from: Invicta Men's 6621 II Collection Chronograph Stainless Steel Blue Dial Watch (Watch)
I just received the Invicta Men's II Collection chronograph stainless steel watch yesterday and was a little disappointed. It would've been a great piece to have but didn't quite live up to my expectations. At first glance, the watch is beautiful. It has a nice weight to it and the bracelet feels exceptionally nice. The thickness of the watch is good but the one that I got, the numbered outside bezel of the watch was misaligned. The bezel is fixed so there's no way that you can adjust this yourself in order to make it line up correctly with the internal face of the watch. I expected a watch with such a high list price to not have quality issues as obvious as this (I didn't pay the list price of course). I read about other Invicta watch reviews in Amazon after I purchased this watch and I was mainly concerned about the watch's ability to accurately keep time. I tried to set up the time correctly and learn the basics of the watch to see if I can do a 24-hours test run on the watch to see if it's up to par with accuracy. It was able to pass the test but unfortunately, I had to figure out a lot of the watch's functionality and adjustments myself since this one only came with a single page, photocopied, all-in-one instruction page (not even a complete manual). I was wondering if I actually got a replica and not the real deal - I even looked it up at the Invicta website and it doesn't seem to be listed anywhere there (maybe an old model). At the end of the day, the fact that the bezel was misaligned, I still didn't feel comfortable giving it as a gift to someone so I decided to return it. I would've been glad to do an even exchange but when I submitted the request to Amazon, they were only able to do a refund. Oh well, I'll try to wait to see if I can get another one for the original price I got it for. Right now, it seems that the price went up $10.00 more than what I originally paid for.

:: -----|| Update ||----- ::
Thanks to the review from C.P. from VA and I was able to get the bezel free. I'm still not too happy with the bezel's craftsmanship (it has some play into it unlike the bezel from the Invicta Pro Diver that I got) but at least, it's functional. I've played with watches in the same (original) price range as this watch and the bezel shouldn't have as much play as it should. Overall, I like the watch enough that I'm willing to keep it but I don't feel that the MSRP reflects the overall quality of the item that I got - the price that I paid for is more realistic from what I gather.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 2, 2009 9:32:55 PM PST
C.P. in VA says:
I just got my watch and when I was unpacking it I noticed that the bezel did not move. However, there is a difficult-to-notice protective plastic sheet affixed to the glass AND the bezel. Lift it by the edge and peel it off. The bezel will then turn counter-clockwise. Looking at your pictures, your bezel position is currently one click to the left.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2009 10:01:12 AM PST
That was the only thing stopping it from moving? S.O.B.! I thought it was static since I tried to turn it as hard as I can to see if I can align it and it wouldn't move. I also didn't want to start peeling off any of the protective films because I didn't want any problems when I tried to return it. I guess it was really just my luck then. I'm glad you had better luck with yours. By the way, did yours only come with a single page instruction manual? I wasn't too happy when I saw mine with that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2009 11:20:00 AM PST
Yes, I noticed that too. I am giving it as a gift, so I took off the plastic to test it. The bezel does move counter-clockwise once you take off the plastic. I think it is a nice watch and the recipient will like it. I also only got a one page manual, but that's all you need. It's really easy to set and you can pretty much figure it out on your own. Also, I think Amazon and Overstock do sell last season's watches for less and they are not necessarily still on the manufacturer's site. An older model doesn't bother me or the person receiving it, but if it does then there are more expensive models on Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2009 11:56:36 AM PST
I caught it just in time before the UPS guy came by. I took off the film and I was able to move the bezel (it's crazy how strong it was from keeping the bezel from moving). I still wasn't too happy with the bezel and how it had some play to it (compared to the Invicta Pro Diver that I got). I'm keeping it this time and will be updating my review. Thanks C.P.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2009 12:42:10 PM PST
Just for curiosity, what do you mean by "play" to it? Do you mean it moves to easily or by itself? Was wondering so I can ask my husband when I give it to him if there are any problems. I'm not expert on men's watches, so it's good to hear from other guys about these things. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2009 10:37:11 PM PST
The bezel on the watch that I received had some play or slight movement to it - movement in a sense of vertical and lateral movement besides the circular movement that it has. This minor detail made the watch feel a little 'cheap' but the overall quality of the watch face, details on the chronos and feel of the bracelet overshadows this minor quality issue - it's a good watch for the price so it's a keeper.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2009 8:50:01 PM PST
ok we aren't have the problem. it just has circular movement from what i can tell.

Posted on Dec 8, 2009 8:00:56 PM PST
Pietro says:
Thank you for your photos and opinion, R.A.; your efforts will hopefully be a big help for anyone interested in this watch. I think that you received a legit Invicta...and the 1-page "manual" [they should just call it a "quick start instructions," not a "manual"] might be Invicta's attempt at providing more accurate instructions for their wide range of models. The one you received with the Pro Diver looks like their usual "all sizes, fits none" which offers only partially accurate & very generalized information...I myself would prefer a 1-page info sheet if it applies to the specific model it comes with.
Also of interest: both of your recent purchases reflect another new trend in the Invictas on Amazon [I'm not sure about other sellers]...the boxes are smaller and they are not including their trademark light-yellow polishing cloth...possibly a cost-savings measure?
Thanks again, and please keep up the good work!

Posted on Jun 16, 2010 10:32:07 AM PDT
My bezel worked fine for 5 months until it just fell off the watch .. I went to adjust it and it was no longer there. To send it back would be $28 to buy a new watch would be $70. I like the look of the watch but with this kind of quality, I'd say I'm done with Invicta and will stick to some of the better known brands.

Posted on Sep 8, 2010 10:24:04 AM PDT
Hitesh says:
Hi R.A Velasco

Great to know that you own this watch. I have a small concern over the color of the dial of this watch. Wud be really really grateful to you if you can help me a bit since you own the watch.

The color shown at Amazon link is really good (its dull blue). See here Invicta Men's 6621 II Collection Chronograph Stainless Steel Blue Dial Watch

WHEREAS

the color of the watch shown at the Invicta Website is very different from the one shown at Amazon. The color here is sharp navy blue (and not dull blue). See here http://www.invictawatch.com/new/product/search.php?MODEL_NUM=6621&Submit1=Submit

Now, can you actually look at the watch on your own and tell me the exact color of the watch. If the color is similar to what is shown on the Amazon website, then I will order the watch, and if the color is close to what is shown on the Invicta website, then I will NOT order the watch, since I dont like this shiny blue color.

You can directly email me at hits.wads@gmail.com

Thanks in advance :)