1.0 out of 5 stars I was disappointed..., May 23, 2007
This review is from: 90 Minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Life and Death (Audio CD)
I was so excited to listen to this book! To hear what it's like in Heaven - wow! But Mr. Piper talks of his moments in Heaven for just minutes on the first disk, then the other 4 1/2 disks (rest of the book) is all about his injuries in the accident and how he recovered. I was very disappointed. I expected more on Heaven, not so many details on his health condition each day. So if you want a story about a man that beat death with many prayers, this is it. But if you wanted a story, like me, that tells you every detail of Heaven and how wonderful it is, skip it. Sorry.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 19, 2010 12:08:33 PM PDT
V. Cole says:
Thats whats powerful about this book. Its not just pretty details of Heaven,its the powerful testimony and what God taught him after when he came back.

Posted on May 23, 2011 3:17:31 PM PDT
K. Steele says:
I haven't read this book yet but if you want more of a description of someones experience with heaven then read, Heaven is for real. Great book about a kids experience!

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 9:13:25 PM PDT
Janet peters says:
I have to say I agree with T. Holshue. The book is misstitled, I thought it would be more about his experiences in Heaven, not the continuous details of his pain.

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 4:49:25 AM PDT
The book is called 90 minutes in heaven, and yes there is only a short synopsis of his experience in Heaven, but the rest of the book tells about how his experience in Heaven has led him to help others, and isn't that why God put us on this Earth to worship Him and to tell others about Him. I think the book was wonderful and all the extra stuff was an added bonus to his experience in Heaven.

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 12:17:03 PM PDT
Anamaria says:
90 Minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Life and Death.... Nothing like description and I was very disappointed as well. The story is monotone and very hum drum and lacks the details and descriptions I was expecting. I was much more pleased with a book written of a childs trip to Heaen and back. I would not recommend this book (on CD) - even though I never listened past the 1st CD as I was THAT disappointed. Sorry - but my mother and I both expected better.

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 7:37:54 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 1, 2011 11:03:15 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2011 11:05:12 PM PST
AnniMeade says:
Yes, I agree: "Heaven is for Real" gives us many tidbits about heaven that are wonderful to think about. It's the story of a 3 year old who had a near death experience. True story. Very inspiring.

I haven't read this book "90 Minutes in Heaven" but it sounds interesting too.

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 3:39:26 PM PDT
If you want to learn more about heaven, read your Bible. Jesus said no one has ascended into heaven but He who descended from heaven, even the Son of Man. Are we looking for comfort from human sources outside God's word? Deut. 29:29 says the secret things belong to the Lord the things revealed for which we are accountable are found in Scripture.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 6:01:12 AM PST
Prin says:
I hope you didn't waste your money and purchase this book, it just is misleading.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 7:30:05 AM PST
Title this Post--"So What's New"
Was considering purchasing this book-based upon a review a a personal friend. However.............
If 4.5 disks are about his medical condition and the book is titled "90 MInutes...." I want to say shame on Mr. Piper.
Sounds like his main focus is on selling books--read making money for the church.
Maybe the book should have had another name...."Religion and Making Money". Makes me wonder which came first.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›