4.0 out of 5 stars UPDATED: Excellent customer service from Steve Kaeser., April 30, 2013
This review is from: LIGHT STANDS PRO HEAVY DUTY 7'6" SET OF TWO, WITH ALL METAL LOCKING COLLARS NOT PLASTIC by PBL (Camera)
Well, I've changed my mind.

I'm writing this review June 3, 2013 to update my criticisms with having received the wrong product. Although I discovered that, somewhere down the road, Amazon refunded my order, I was still miffed at having received the wrong thing, and having it break. I wrote an appropriately negative review (see below) originally voicing my complaints, and others seemed to echo my sentiments.

Then, earlier today, I get a call from a California area code number that I don't recognize. Turns out it's Steve Kaeser, the seller whom I purchased from, and he's calling to right whatever wrongs Amazon may have committed in the fulfillment process. He mentioned to me that this 'sending the wrong item' is something that they're talking to Amazon about fixing, that the fault is on their fulfillment, and that he'd like to send me these all-metal stands directly so that I may receive what I'd originally ordered.

Another phone call later, we discover that my order had been refunded (as it was on my credit card, I hadn't checked the statements for a refund yet). Kaeser, still wanting to have me appropriately review the product, insists upon sending me a set of stands as a replacement for my plastic ones.

This is why it's important to pay attention to what sellers you buy from: because if (and when) anything goes awry, it's down to the customer service of the seller to solve the problem. I had all but written off these stands, the seller, and purchasing anything equivalent on Amazon. Then I got that call.

Excellent customer service from an honest business with a real genuine care for the consumer, that's Steve Kaeser Photographic. Hands down the best 'customer service' experience I've had from anything relating to Amazon.

_________________________________________________________

My first review, published in April (for context, although my comments here don't precisely still stand):
These stands were purchased following the recommendation from a friend who received a great product from PBL. My experience was not so. Not only were my stands NOT all metal, as described and pictured, but they broke almost immediately upon mounting my expensive ARRIs on top of them. One doesn't telescope/open at all, and the other telescopes without locking.

An absolute waste of money and a purchase which cost me even more in lost time and money. Terrible, buyer beware.

_________________________________________________________

Back to the new review:

For now, I'm leaving things at 4 stars, up from my initial '1'. I haven't (obviously) received the new stands yet, but will be happy to update my review to 5 stars following some use and test of them. At first, not so happy with the product I got, but now very happy with the transaction. Would do business with them again, easily.

[Add comment]