4.0 out of 5 stars Darksiders (PC), April 5, 2012
This review is from: Darksiders [Download] (Software Download)
After hearing several youtubers recommend this game, I was delighted when I found it on sale for five dollars on Amazon. I have played it for several hours now and here's my impression.

Gameplay:
I highly suggest using a gamepad for this as it is a port. The keyboard and mouse controls are mediocre but it was designed for the console, and so it is best played with a console controller. When I first started playing, I was worried because all I seemed to be able to do was mash the X button. Luckily, the game progresses and combos become available for you to buy. From what I've seen, I'm sure there are plenty of awesome combos as you progress further. The controls feel nice as well, although I do wish there was a sprint option.

Graphics:
This game isn't the best-looking, but its art style is fairly interesting. I was actually a bit impressed by what they accomplished on such an old engine. I didn't come across any fps lag or the like, everything was smooth as butter.

Steam:
Steam is required to play this game, and as I understand, some people are boycotting this game for that reason. Personally I'm not sure why nor do I really care.

Conclusion:
This game is definitely very fun so far, and I can't wait to play more. I gave it 4 stars only due to minor flaws but nothing else. Definitely a must-buy, especially when it's only 5 dollars right now.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 9, 2012 4:07:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Feb 1, 2014 4:49:12 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2012 10:06:37 PM PDT
Veil_Lord says:
Steam can function in offline mode. All but one of the games I own on it is capable of running w/out connection to the Internet. Once in a while, you have to reconnect if it has a hiccup or some sort of security built in, but it's not very often. I generally don't connect Steam online unless I'm buying another game.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 10:45:21 PM PDT
elbastardo74 says:
Funny, my copy runs just fine in offline mode. Perhaps you should do a little research before you spread misinformation.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2014 4:35:06 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 2, 2014 12:07:34 AM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.9 out of 5 stars (85 customer reviews)

$19.99 $9.17