5.0 out of 5 stars Seems okay so far-knock on wood., August 8, 2013
This review is from: ViewSonic VA2037M-LED 20 inch LED-lit LCD Monitor, 16:9, 5ms, Speakers (Personal Computers)
PROS:
1. Very easy to hookup 2 part base no screws involved,just use common sense.
2. Full User's Manual is on the disc that is included,easy to read and understand in PDF,Adobe Reader form.
3. When this first comes on it says in Red,ViewSonic and lights up at the bottom in Blue,nice touch.
4. Does have a good picture even when resolution is turned down and using VGA cable.
5. This monitor doesn't get warm or hot to the touch perfect,seems to have a lot of ventilation openings everywhere and that's good.
6. Also this had a reasonable price on it with free shipping through Amazon.
7. Menu buttons on the bottom are very easy to operate and understand once you get the hang of it.
8. Has up and down swivel movement but not sideways unless you turn the stand.

CONS:
1. I didn't like the 1600x900 resolution that they recommend at first,very teeny-tiny icons on the task bar,my eyes said what?

To fix this(Right click on desktop--Click on Properties--Click on Appearance--Click on Advanced--under item click on Caption Buttons--Change Size to the right--Click Ok--Click Apply--Click Ok,this will change the size of your Icons by the start Button and also the System Tray where the clock and date are located.)

Another thing you can do is (Right click on Desktop--Properties--Settings-Advanced--Change DPI Setting from Normal Size to Large Size,120DPI--Ok--Apply--Ok--Ok--then Reboot,)doing this will increase the text on web pages etc:and your eyes will thank you.

I just learned these tricks of the trade myself and i've been doing this since 2002,this is with WinXP.

2. I too find that the power button is too close to the other menu buttons and sometimes i hit that by mistake,no big deal.

3. I was hoping that the Auto Power Off feature was,if you went to bed with no activity the monitor would shut itself off,not so.
If you shut your pc down for the night then 3 minutes later your monitor which is now Orange in color will go to no color at all and shut off so i was kind of disappointed in that but i can live with it,that feature has to be Check-Marked through the Menu.

4. No wall mounting hardware at all with this,have to purchase separately.

Here is my story and review on this monitor.

I just hope that this will last for quite sometime but i said that about the latter monitor too and look what happened to that one.
I would still recommend this monitor to anyone looking for a good one to get it.
Mine came in 3 days from Charleston,TN by UPS in a pre-printed monitor box with a top white plastic carrying handle.
I had to drop from a 22" to a 20" BIG Difference,but that's life i also went with the 5 star reviews and made up my mind from there before deciding on this.
Also went from a LCD monitor to a LED monitor not by choice,big change for me.

Before this i was using a Hanns-G Hi221 Vietnam 22" monitor which finally quit on me.
I could see that the Hanns was failing almost like,and this is going to sound morbid,like a dying person.
Display normal,then slow,then fast,then way slow,then nothing,no display at all and hot to the touch.
According to the internet when you have a flashing green power button and no display that means an operation on said monitor.
Meaning open it up and do a 13-14 capacitors replacement soldering job on it and take out the swelled/fat ones.
I've never been that good at soldering and i can't find anyone who works on pc monitors anymore,they all work on Laptops and such can't say as i blame them though it's the in thing nowadays.
I will never buy another Hanns monitor ever again i should also point out it was great when i first got it.
I had to do all my viewing through my tv monitor and shutting down the pc when making the switch so i could see what i was doing.
Which i have into my pc to tv jacks through my video card don't think that wasn't fun?
Also i used my mouse magnifier so i could see a little better to see my stuff on the internet that i'm interested in before shutting down with no monitor use at all except through the tv monitor only,glad i had that.
Still missed my monitor though,any monitor for that matter.
I was waiting and hoping for time on this because i ordered some DVI-D cables and of course this monitor.
Monitor came,now waiting for my cables should be any day now.

Anyway:

I first took down my old monitor after shutting the pc down then hooked up the base to this monitor,hooked up the power cord,and the VGA cable then turned back on my pc.
Had to fire this puppy up with the included VGA cable not what i wanted to do as soon as i get my DVI-D cables i ordered i'll switch to that for a better picture this will be my first experience using DVI-D.
I turned Brightness down to and made some other setting adjustments through the setup menu to suit me,i'm satisfied with picture.
I wished that the menu buttons were on the right side but it wouldn't be very handy and fair for the lefties out there so i can see that.
Ran the disc which has all the info on it,registered it,downloaded drivers etc: just as a precautionary measure.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]