12 of 14 people found the following review helpful
This game secretly installs malware,
This review is from: Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization (Video Game)
Buyer beware - the product description does not describe some important
aspects of the game:
This game secretly installs copy-protection software called SecuROM which can cause many problems for your computer, some of which are:
1. When installing the game the user is not informed that SecuROM is being installed.
2. SecuROM denies administrators full access to their PC, and blocks the
administrator from editing certain parts of the registry.
3. SecuROM can interfere with the operation of hardware, specifically disc drives.
4. SecuROM can interfere with the proper operation of software.
5. When the game is uninstalled SecuROM is not uninstalled - it remains
permanently on your computer.
6. The manner in which SecuROM runs on your computer is similar to that of malicious software called malware, and many people do indeed consider SecuROM to be malware.