4.0 out of 5 stars Money well spent!, September 6, 2012
This review is from: ViewSonic VA2212M-LED 22-Inch LED-Lit Monitor (Personal Computers)
This is a great monitor. I am very happy with it to sum it up. However, thi sis not a product without any short commings. So, instead of writing a long paragraph, I will list out what I like and dislike about this product, and hope this will help you in your purchase decisions.

Like:
- brilliant color, sharp image, and highly adjustable color settings
- very VERY light! w/o the stand, it weighs a merely 5.7 pounds/2.6 kgs. Compare to my other 22' LCD, Dell e228WFP, which weighs at around 8-9lbs (good monitor as well).
- easy to setup, and monitor quality is solid bulit.
- has the option to turn off the blue led indicator power light off. This might be helpful for those like me, who doesn't want anything else blinking/flashing in the background.
- the built-in speakers are good, not great, but will get the job done, if you just need sound output for your regular computing activities.
- good price

Dislike
- the stand is very flimsy, cheap, and wobbles ALOT.
- only includes a VGA-VGA cable. I have to buy additional cables for DVI-HDMI. One would think, after all these years, DVI has become (so does HDMI, and soon, probably Thunderbolt) mainstream, and would expect one to be included. (at least for the Dell LCD mentioned above, when purchased in 2008, it was INCLUDED).

Luckily, I wanted to mount this LED on a desktop mount, so that doesn't really bother me. But I think it will for those of you who are keeping the screen closeby. Also, I got a DVI-HDMI cable from Amazon Basic instead. All in all, with the addidional purchases, I am very happy with the setup and the product I got. I suppose getting one at such great price does have its short commings. At least these disvantages aren't detremental, and shouldn't be a deterrent for you to consider getting one anyways.

Overall, I give it a 4/5 star. The missing star, is for the wobbly stand, lack of DVI cable.

I would recommend this product to anyone who is thinking about getting a LED screen.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 30, 2012 7:40:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 7:46:17 AM PST
Lance Stange says:
I have a question if you please? I have two Viewsonic monitors a VA2231wm model and a vx2260wm. I bought a free standing monitor mount to mount them side-by-side on my desk. Now the problem.... conveniently the holes are not in the same location on the two monitors, so one sits about 2 inches higher than the other, nice! My question for you is, does the VA2212m match these measurements I pulled from my VA2231wm monitor?

The top to mounting screws are 4.5 inches from the very top of the monitor.

The problem is the "old" tech (VA2231wm) is more expensive than the newer tech (VA2231), so my hope is I can buy the cheaper, newer model and it will have the same mounting position.

Thanks much!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 11:39:37 PM PST
Annie Liu says:
those screws or as generally called, is probably the vesa mount, they should be universal. I have no problem with getting different mounts, whatsoever.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 10:23:12 AM PST
Lance Stange says:
I wish that were true, but I have two ViewSonics with the vesa mounts and they are about 2 inches different! Thanks for responding.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 4:36:11 AM PST
The mounting screws on the VA2212M are 3.75" from the top of the monitor.

The VESA standard just means that the four 4mm screw holes are in a square pattern, spaced 100mm apart.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (221 customer reviews)

Out of stock