3.0 out of 5 stars Sound is not good, September 29, 2012
This review is from: Samsung UN32EH4003 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LED TV (2012 Model) (Electronics)
We purchased this TV last Saturday and it's going back today. The sound is tinny and you can't turn it up very much. I thought it would not be a problem, I've had speakers hooked up to previous TV's. BUT there is no way to hook external speakers up with this TV. I like a good full sound with my programs, and I can't get it with this TV. The picture is good, just crappy sound.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 43 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 29, 2012 8:55:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 29, 2012 8:56:55 PM PDT
BB says:
Sorry to hear that D.J. You must have a defective unit like I did with my first one. Like I mentioned in my review mine had a very noticeable LED backlight bleed on the bottom. So I returned it for another one and the second one is good.

The speakers on my unit are good. As you probably already know there are 5 audio adjustments to choose from. The best ones that I have found are movie and music. I normally don't have to raise the sound level beyond 25. So this HDTV is plenty loud. So I have to assume you have a defective unit.

Just do what I did and go to a different store to purchase another one. For the price this is a great HDTV from Samsung. And with the SquareTrade 4 year warranty for $36, you can't go wrong, even if something does go wrong. It's pretty obvious to most folks that Samsung puts out the best quality picture HDTV's on the market today.

Good luck!

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 9:30:16 PM PDT
B. Monad says:
I was actually surprised by the sound quality of the TV. Got it for my bedroom and planned on just using a receiver with speakers...but I'm not sure if that's necessary for a bedroom any longer because the sound quality and volume (especially) is quite adequate.

Also, there is a digital optical audio output on the set. Even if there wasn't, unless you have the TV connected to an antenna, any device/cable box is going to have options for audio outputs, the TV is usually bypassed for this. Especially since HDMI cables carry a digital audio signal.

I just don't see rating this TV 3/5 stars for the sound. 99.9% of a TV is the picture, anyone who is serious about audio does not use the TV speakers, and if you're willing to dock a TV 2 stars for its speakers, why don't you use an amplified audio receiver with a speaker set?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 12:39:45 PM PST
Happy Reader says:
The OP said there is no way to hook external speakers up with this TV. Is that correct or wrong? I'm worried about the sound on these LEDs and hear mixed reviews.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 5:04:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 5:08:01 PM PST
BB says:
I don't know why someone would say that... all these HDTV's have the ability to hook up external sound systems. Maybe they meant just hooking up the speakers by themselves, which you should be able to do with a PC speaker system with the 3.5mm audio out jack on the back of the TV. I wasn't able to find a pic of the back of these TV's, but they have 5 AV RCA jacks as well as 2 HDMI hookups which transmit both video and audio.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 7:44:03 PM PST
John says:
Is there a headphone jack (Audio output) on this TV?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 7:49:22 PM PST
Nope!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 7:57:56 PM PST
derrick says:
You just said in your earlier post: "you should be able to do with a PC speaker system with the 3.5mm audio out jack on the back of the TV"

Does it have a headphone audio jack or not? I wish we could get a straight answer, or a picture of the back of the TV. You also say it has 5 AV RCA jacks...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 8:33:15 PM PST
BB says:
The 3.5mm audio out jack just seems to work for a PC speaker system. I tried hooking-up a headset with the 3.5mm jack and I get no sound.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 10:42:35 PM PST
derrick says:
I see, well at least it does have a 3.5mm jack... and they make adapters to go from 3.5mm to red/white cables. Have you hooked up a PC speaker system to confirm it works?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:43:01 PM PST