4.0 out of 5 stars Very unique, February 1, 2013
This review is from: Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Nectar -- 12 fl oz (Grocery)
I was expecting this to taste like coconut sugar but it has its own flavor that is hard to compare to anything else. It doesn't taste like maple syrup or any kind of honey that I have tried. It has an interesting bite to it that made me think of ginger, and also gave me an idea for using it later on for Asian inspired sauces.

However, I did not like it in my tea or coffee. I made the typical scrunchy-faced expression when I attempted to drink anything that I had sweetened with it. I don't know why, but it just didn't work for me when it came to my tea and coffee.

So, what did I use it for? Oatmeal! I was upset and thought that this coconut sap would sit on a shelf and become money wasted until I decided to make oatmeal and used it to sweeten my steel-cut oats. I was so surprised when I tasted it. It was like a completely different flavor. It was better than any honey or maple syrup that could've gone into that oatmeal.

Strange, since I told myself I'll never purchase it again until I ate that bowl of oatmeal.

I suggest buying this for some hot breakfast dishes like oatmeal, and MAYBE you will enjoy it in tea or coffee. I didn't, but I found great uses for it and I'll definitely be buying more soon.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 31, 2013 7:16:25 PM PDT
Amazshopper says:
Hi,
do you think it would taste okay to use on pancakes?

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 6:10:27 AM PST
I don't usually comment but hear is mine: Love it on cream of wheat but didn't like it in coffee or bran muffins. The flavor got lost in strong tasting items.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2014 7:41:57 PM PDT
Mia says:
sorry for never replying.. i know it's probably too late but if i wanted to use these with pancakes i would mix it into the batter rather than pour it on after.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2014 3:00:09 AM PDT
Amazshopper says:
that's okay I understand... Thank you
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (57 customer reviews)

$14.65