The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed by the poor quality., October 26, 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Monopoly: Dr. Who Edition 50th Anniversary Collector's Edition (Toy)
This is the poorest quality Monopoly set I have ever owned.

The artwork on the box and playing board is very nice but the playing board is very cheaply made of thin cardboard that is sloppily folded rather than creased.

The playing pieces are so cheaply cast that it's hard to identify what they are without some thought. Overall I am disappointed with this set.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Apr 10, 2014 11:41:10 AM PDT
Hi Cheri, Sorry for your disappointment, see below for our explanation and how we can help.

Our first production run of Doctor Who Monopoly tokens (released in North America only) did not meet our standards of excellence. We appreciate the feedback and apologize for your disappointment.
We listened, made changes, and are phasing new & improved tokens into our next round of production. So that you can enjoy the game you've already purchased we would like to provide a new set of improved tokens at no charge.
Please send us your information here: http://usaopoly.com/game-care-customer-service-inquiry
and we will get a new & improved set of Doctor Who tokens off to you as quickly as we can.

Sincerely, Customer Service Team USAopoly

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 9:49:25 AM PST
Susan D. says:
Almost bought this for a Christmas gift than I read your review. Appreciate your honesty and details. My daughter (and I) would have been very disappointed had I bought this.

Posted on May 12, 2013 5:47:51 PM PDT
Jared Castle says:
I hesitated to buy this for my sons. We have the original Monopoly and the Muppets version. Adding a third one wasn't exactly a thrilling idea, unless this version was off-the-charts great.

A comment by the manufacturer   (What's this?)
Posted on Apr 10, 2014 11:41:10 AM PDT

Sincerely, Customer Service Team USAopoly

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2014 8:10:49 PM PDT
Today I received my set of replacement tokens. Holy smokes, Batman that was fast!
They are beautiful. Sturdy and finely detailed, I can't wait for our next game night so we can put them to good use. Definitely a HUGE improvement over the originals.
This was a terrific customer service experience. Thank you, USAopoly!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2014 8:53:02 PM PDT
Jared Castle says:
To the USAopoly Customer Service Team:

I'm very happy to hear you addressed the quality issue with the tokens. I will add this to my wish list in preparation for my son's birthday. I will post a review thereafter.

Kind regards,

Jared Castle

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2014 8:52:06 AM PDT
Thanks for the second chance Jared. Hope your son has a very happy birthday!
Sincerely, Julie Anderson, USAopoly Customer Service Team

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2014 8:53:54 AM PDT
Your very welcome! We are thrilled you like the new tokens. We are happy with them too. Keep playing games! Sincerely, Julie Anderson, USAopoly Customer Service Team
‹ Previous 1 Next ›