Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Camera, Motion Sensing Doesn't Work, Mem Card a waste, April 1, 2014
This review is from: TRENDnet TV-IP862IC 720p HD Wireless Cloud Pan/Tilt/Zoom Surveillance Camera, 2-Way Audio, 25 Feet Night Vision, Free Mobile app for Android/Iphone support, microSD Card slot for convenient storage management, Easy setup, WPS one-touch setup (Electronics)
First, the positives.
Very nice image, and Pan and Tilt function well.

The problems ...

1. When I went to install, it took several hours with their tech support to get the install complete. They aren't compatible with Google Chrome, and they don't work well with an version of IE past version 9.

2. The biggest problem is motion detection. One of the reasons I bought the cameras was security. They're located in a vacation home, and I wanted them to alert me if motion was detected. They have the capability in their software (you can select an area to look at, and set a sensitivity value from 0 to 100). Unfortunately, no matter what setting I select, or what area I draw, I get multiple e-mails per hour, which renders this useless. I've worked with their tech support several times on this. Each time they re-set motion detection, and tell me I've done it incorrectly (although they do just what I've done). But I still get the emails.

ADDED - 4/24/14 - I bought and installed memory cards in the cameras. The software allows you to ENABLE the memory cards, but I found no mention of READING them. Called support. The only way to read the card is to physically remove it from the camera, and read it in another device (your PC or tablet, for example). As that is not mentioned anywhere in the docs, thought it would be helpful to know before you invest in memory cards.
And, by the way ... motion detection still generates numerous bogus alerts.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Apr 24, 2014 11:36:42 AM PDT
Hello Rob,

I apologize for the overall frustration this has caused you. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly at adrian@trendnet.com if you have any questions or need further assistance. Thank you for your feedback as it is very valuable to us and helps us gain more knowledge on how to improve.

Please also include a link to this review in your email. I see that you called tech support and you added on to your review, in any case if you should need further support don't hesitate to contact me.

Warm Regards,
Adrian
TRENDnet Support Team
www.trendnet.com/support

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
A comment by the manufacturer   (What's this?)
Initial post: Apr 24, 2014 11:36:42 AM PDT